Forums > General > First Ever Proper Job Interview

FIRST EVER PROPER JOB INTERVIEW
Previous | 12 | Next

Evening all,

I've got my first proper job interview tomorrow lunchtime with an extremely large property firm that shall remain nameless.

Its a strength based interview and specifically states that you have to bring along something that describes you as a person. I'm thinking of wearing my Seamaster and using that, but upon further thought this will probably make me look like a colossal knob.

Any ideas?

Cheers

--

Do not act as if thou wert going to live ten thousand years. Death hangs over thee. While thou livest, while it is in thy power, be good.

No, but good luck.

Guess you'll be enquiring about a company F40;)

--

Tree Trunks, I'm all jacked up because of you. Look at my jacked up face!

Honey badger

Good luck.

Updated January 10, 2013 at 9:02 PM

Definitely do not use your watch to describe yourself as a person. Surely you have a memento or heirloom you can take with some sort of deep personal meaning (which you come up with overnight)?

My old German Teacher used to day "Lie like a rug, never swear on the Bible".

--

and from the beginning think what may be the end.

Simon_667 said...

Evening all,

I've got my first proper job interview tomorrow lunchtime with an extremely large property firm that shall remain nameless.

Its a strength based interview and specifically states that you have to bring along something that describes you as a person....

Seriously?

Sounds more like some obtuse version of a show and tell day at primary school, and I'd decline the interview on that basis in my position; but depending on the role, of course, it might be relevant.

Take a rubber band ball and tell 'em that you're a riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma.

And make sure to attribute that to Winston Churchill, so they don't just think you're a smartarse ;)

Or take a set of car keys. How does that describe you? You're smelly, and kill small to medium sized animals with blunt force trauma in your spare time.

Or take a hand grenade. No explanation required, just pull the pin on the smarmy HR bastards and their concepts of what constitutes an interview ;)

Why you think any item represents you is obviously much more important than the item.

Pick something like a spork that is versatile, and a good fit (into your face) or some other b0llox.

Interviews - purely down to how you look?

What a load of w@nk. Good luck though, I deal with a fair few big property companies in my job, they're mostly full of pretty normal people! Be confident and don't lie!

--

Cheers

Rich

Rich B said...

Be confident and don't lie!

Save that till you get the job hey :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Take a giant di-ldo , and do the end speech from Team America 8)

--

ClubLupo

I'd take something tongue in cheek and a bit random. That way they can't read too much into it other than you're light hearted and easy going. Nothing pretentious, worth a lot of money or blatantly sucking up will cut it.

Take your favourite vegetable and think of some made up comparisons between it and you.:)

Updated January 10, 2013 at 11:10 PM

--

+ Non-limited edition of the Exige 240R
- Uninspiring soundtrack

Dinny_G said...

My old German Teacher used to day "Lie like a rug, never swear on the Bible".

I should clarify - lie about the item you've to bring but tell the truth in the rest of the interview.

--

and from the beginning think what may be the end.

Take some cuff links and a syringe of cisplatin (water will do). Lie about how you lost your parents tragically in a house fire and then got cancer and then got those cuff links from an aunt as a gift and its all you have from your parets. Talk about how it made you a stronger person etc.

:lol:

Updated January 11, 2013 at 12:06 AM

--

How about not having a sig at all?

What a load of tosh. Their HR dept. is clearly bored stiff and need sacking.

Orange Cola said...

What a load of tosh. Their HR dept. is clearly bored stiff and need sacking.

This.

--

BMW Car Magazine

Good News Everyone!

They liked the watch analogy- as they actually said thats pretty good. They also mentioned someone earlier today described themselves as a hiking boot- so it could have been so much worse.

I will hear from them next week when i'm skiing

--

Do not act as if thou wert going to live ten thousand years. Death hangs over thee. While thou livest, while it is in thy power, be good.

Are you applying to be an estate agent or some behind the scenes accountant/more important job etc since it seems like a pretty tough application process. Last year someone in my halls at uni dropped out since they couldn't handle the work and she got into Foxtons pretty easily which seems like a big company but then again they could be complete sh1t!

--

How about not having a sig at all?

Mito Man said...

Are you applying to be an estate agent or some behind the scenes accountant/more important job etc since it seems like a pretty tough application process. Last year someone in my halls at uni dropped out since they couldn't handle the work and she got into Foxtons pretty easily which seems like a big company but then again they could be complete sh1t!

shut up sales, you don't even understand the world beyond watching your parents buy new builds. There's a fair amount more to the property industry than selling residential houses...:roll:

--

Cheers

Rich

Oh, and well done sim!

--

Cheers

Rich

Previous | 12 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular