Forums > General > FAO Car Audio People

FAO CAR AUDIO PEOPLE
Previous | 12 | Next

Any reason why I shouldn't buy this for the Exige?

--

+ Non-limited edition of the Exige 240R
- Uninspiring soundtrack

It'll upset the weight distribution.

--

In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my intelligence.

I'll have to compare how many grams it is compared to the Alpine one, but I'm sure it'll be fine. :)

--

- Uninspiring soundtrack

If you click on the "Will this fit my car?" link Lotus isn't even listed in the manufacturers!

--

Something witty goes here.....

Jorg Gray Ltd Edition Watch Number : 313631

I think the one in the Landy is the previous model to this and the colour changing part has failed on the left hand side. I don't care if it doesn't change but it is now no longer the same green as the rest of my dials.

Dave!

--

I came here to drink milk and kick ass..... and i've just finished my milk!!!!

Don't think I'd be too worried about that. Just want something to play bluetooth music from my phone, and it seems to be pretty good value.:?

I'm assuming it will fit, they're all the same size innit?:oops: I know nothing about this kind of thing.

--

- Uninspiring soundtrack

That one looks OK, it is a standard DIN size, you will have to check that is what is in your car but I would guess it willbe as Lotus dont have the clout for a bespoke built in system.

I would check out alternative outlets as Halfords are expensive usually.

Get something that has usb playback of whatever format your collection is in, and a few 16gb micro usb sticks. Best solution evar. Pick up a cheapo usb hub, and you've got the perfect storage solution for the drives not in use.

Daddydadbo said...

That one looks OK, it is a standard DIN size, you will have to check that is what is in your car but I would guess it willbe as Lotus dont have the clout for a bespoke built in system.

I would check out alternative outlets as Halfords are expensive usually.

Yeah, it's just a normal Alpine unit with an ipod plug.

I've got a gift card for Halfords, so it would cost me £75.

Updated January 10, 2013 at 2:58 PM

--

- Uninspiring soundtrack

phut said...

Get something that has usb playback of whatever format your collection is in, and a few 16gb micro usb sticks. Best solution evar. Pick up a cheapo usb hub, and you've got the perfect storage solution for the drives not in use.

That one takes USB sticks.

--

- Uninspiring soundtrack

duncs500 said...

Yeah, it's just a normal Alpine unit with an ipod plug.

I've got a gift card for Halfords, so it would cost me £75.

Can be had online for £70 upwards, so probably not worth splurging your gift card on just because it's available at Halfords.

My Elise had a Clarion stereo from new, so for some odd reason I'd probably go for a Clarion equivalent. Or Alpine, or Sony; but those are down to personal bias only.

I've got one of these which I bought when it was fairly new and paid a lot of money for it.

Had it in the S2k and now its in my sisters elise, iphone / pod integration is really good, it has an SD card slot, handsfree telephone too.

You can find it cheaper elsewhere I think too.

--

Done.

Looks good Dan, but twice the price and pretty much the same functionality as the other one (other than video display which doesn't really interest me).

Anyone got any other suggestions then? I am mainly interested in bluetooth audio playback, and don't want to spend more that £100 or so.

Where did you see that for £70 online Simon? Anyone know any good websites?

--

- Uninspiring soundtrack

Just google shopping, Duncs - most places it seems to be £80 but one was a tenner cheaper.

If it is just bluetooth playback I will sell you a nice Parrot 9200i kit that was in my legacy for about 4 months! :D

How about this one? In keeping with the OCD of the same make as OEM supplied unit as well and google suggests the Halfrauds price is good.

--

- Uninspiring soundtrack

Decent enough by the looks of things and Alpine are a good make or were anyway.

Single DIN just look really old fashioned nowadays.

it's a lotus, the dash is a strip of straight aluminium barely wider than a single din head unit :lol:

i'd pick the alpine over the pioneer, i just like them a bit more for some reason i can't really quantify, they just have a certain rightness about them, and their ipod interfaces seem to be the quickest and easiest to use too.

--

cheers,

Harry

Too many old sheds.

integrale_evo said...

it's a lotus, the dash is a strip of straight aluminium barely wider than a single din head unit :lol:

i'd pick the alpine over the pioneer, i just like them a bit more for some reason i can't really quantify, they just have a certain rightness about them, and their ipod interfaces seem to be the quickest and easiest to use too.

I'm inclined to agree, slightly closer to the original so would look a bit more natural.

--

- Uninspiring soundtrack

i was on my phone earlier so couldn't be arsed looking at the actual head unit you were considering. if it's got usb, go-go-go.

if you can get one w/o the bluetooth for less monies, you can save the battery on your phone. (unless you want the option to do hands-free or w/e)

Previous | 12 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular