Forums > General > Oh Deer !!!!!

OH DEER !!!!!
Previous | 1 | Next

Snitterfield bushes is just down the road from me, it's 123 acres of flat wooded area owned by the Warwickshire Wildlife Trust that just happens to contain some Deer, now since I moved from Brum 4 years or so ago I've only ever seen small Roe Deer, well until last night that is.

Driving home from work around 5.00pm I was passing Snitterfield Bushes on my right with the Gliding Club on my left at a reasonable lick, the road is bordered by trees both sides and it's a national speed limit road with decent visibility so 50 or 60mph is not uncommon.

I was nearly out of the wooded area when a proper deer appeared from the left hand side and was heading across the road, I reacted as quickly as possible with Fugly squirming all over the shop when I slammed on the breaks, but somehow managed to steer around it, God knows how I missed it, a very close call and it certainly would have made a mess of it and the car.

It felt like an elk avoidance test in miniature and was impressed just how the 'wollowy' Forester coped.

:shock:

Updated January 10, 2013 at 8:55 AM

I hit a fallow deer about five years ago. Wasn't a particularly big one, and I wasn't going at a silly speed, but the way it bounced off my car then rolled down the road was quite nasty :cry:

Do I need to tell my deer joke again? :? I'm not sure I can be 4rsed typing it all out again....

Subaru drivers ...

Unbarry'd :oops:

Updated January 12, 2013 at 2:44 AM

--

I'd rather be wrong than dull

It's the season - saw a couple of roe deer just running across fields near Luddington when out on my bike a week or so ago. Beautiful, and a rare sight in the open in daylight.

--

JL said...

Oh b*llocks you're right

robinoz said...

Subaru drivers ...

•The page you are looking for no longer exists

(Barry)

Jobbo said...

It's the season - saw a couple of roe deer just running across fields near Luddington when out on my bike a week or so ago. Beautiful, and a rare sight in the open in daylight.

I often fish at Luddington, big Barbel just downstream of the weir.

On route to Wasperton through Hampton Lucy it's quite open and I've had to come to a complete stop when I've spotted Deer sprinting across the field from my right. 8 or so of them then proceeded to jump from one side of the road to the other to the opposite field yards from the front of my car. Probably Deer from Charlcote Park I suppose, an awesome sight.

I imagine the Forest of Dennis is going to be full of them in a decade or so when it's actually grown a bit.

--

JL said...

Oh b*llocks you're right

Richmond Park, had a few near misses there myself over the years despite only doing 30mph. The fvckers jump out of nowhere.

Updated January 10, 2013 at 10:24 AM

--

How about not having a sig at all?

Jobbo said...

I imagine the Forest of Dennis is going to be full of them in a decade or so when it's actually grown a bit.

world's largest privately planted forest apparently

reminds me of this thread

The Forest of Dennis, for those (like me) who have never heard of it before, is owned by Felix Dennis, Mr Dennis Magazines, them what run evo etc, innit.

You probably all knew that already, but it was news to me.

I hadn't heard of it before, and I wasn't (obviously) aware it was linked to Mr Denis. Is it a tree farm for the papermills? ;)

Previous | 1 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular