Forums > General > Porsche overtake

PORSCHE OVERTAKE
Previous | 1234 | Next

CLICK

Yes, it's a pointless age-old moan about the society we're in demonising speed. I don't see an actual safety issue here. Even with his slam-on when he sees the camera (yes, the camera causes the only safety issue :D) he's hardly out of control. The cameras are never on the bends are they. You know, where the accidents actually happen.

Sorry Chris - that's just the kind of irresponsible behaviour I expect of Porsche drivers. Marv, Carlos & Steveo in particular.

mik said...

Sorry Chris - that's just the kind of irresponsible behaviour I expect of Porsche drivers. Marv, Carlos & Steveo in particular.

:D

Surely the more concerning issue here is the abs failure.

--

Done.

mik said...

Just don't ask me about the time I overtook a coach on the Ofenpass :lol:

(I'd probably be in a Swiss jail now, for that one!)

Nothing wrong with overtaking a load of slow bikers on a straight road, in good weather. But of course, speed kills :roll:

--

Speed holes.

Marv said...

mik said...

(I'd probably be in a Swiss jail now, for that one!)

Nothing wrong with overtaking a load of slow bikers on a straight road, in good weather. But of course, speed kills :roll:

Ok Marv its a deal. Just don't ask me about all the time I spent doing 200 metric leptons and over on the Swiss mountain roads, I'd probably be in a Swiss jail now.

:D

--

Done.

Marv said...

Ok, but only if you dont mention buses to Mudge.

He's not that observant if he saw the camera so late. So, given his lack of observation skills doing 113mph past a load of novice bikers and a rest area I can see that what he did could be considered careless.

That is really scary!;)

--

and from the beginning think what may be the end.

Mike, he was possible concentrating on the road , not the verge.

I suspect if he was looking at the verge , then he was most defiantly DIW.

--

GiraffeIT.com / Installations / Support / Training
evo featured Renault Megane R26 (c) Barry Club.

100mph is an instant ban regardless.

The law does say that to over take you are not supposed to exceed the speed limit which is underpinned by safety so no matter how skilful a driver you are you won't get away from "speed is dangerous".

I wonder if he'd have been done for over taking that lot within the speed limit, maybe even taking his time and drifting all over the road. Possibly not.

Dan said...

Surely the more concerning issue here is the abs failure.

Yet still managing to shed 90mph in 5 seconds.

andybond said...

Signs are in the verge Andy - do you never look at those ;)

No one ever just looks solely at the road do they?

Just to clarify as well, he got done for careless driving, not dangerous.

Updated January 10, 2013 at 12:20 AM

Seems a bit harsh to me, you get less these days for burglary.

I'd have expected a Porsche Turbo to do better under braking though :shock:

Swervin_Mervin said...

andybond said...

Signs are in the verge Andy - do you never look at those ;)

No one ever just looks solely at the road do they?

Just to clarify as well, he got done for careless driving, not dangerous.

the signs are on every verge in the land, if I believed them all I'd be driving round under the speed limit all day, durr!

--

Cheers

Rich

I don't have a problem with the speed per se, although he had plenty of time and space to do it slower.

The panic-braking down to half the speed limit for the road with novice bikers behind made me surprised he didn't get done for dangerous rather than careless driving.

I wonder how many dogs he had tied to the bumper :D

As Mike says, you've got no defence with the novice riders and the lay-by. An overtake at the speed limit would have raised some choice hand gestures :D

That speed past learners is ridiculous, he didn't read the road at all or was just a pr1ck.

Dave!

--

I came here to drink milk and kick ass..... and i've just finished my milk!!!!

The amusing thing is not one of the people supposedly affected by this most reckless of maniacs seemed to be put out in any way whatsoever :lol:

I can't see a lay-by in the clip, where is it?

It does all look a little bit busy with pedestrians and motorbikes etc (not least the speed camera as well) so was perhaps ill advised, but the overtake doesn't look particularly dangerous. It's not like there's anything coming the other way and he was snatching it, and the ease with which the car would get up to that speed means until he started braking it was pretty uneventful for the driver and the bikers.

I'd sooner that overtake (minus the poor braking) than someone in a slow car chancing it with oncoming traffic. One can see far worse, and far riskier at far lower speed every single day.:?

--

+ Non-limited edition of the Exige 240R
- Uninspiring soundtrack

Previous | 1234 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular