Forums > General > Bought a car

BOUGHT A CAR
Previous | 1 | Next

It's an 03 e46 6mt in Mystic Blue, w/ black interior and brushed aluminum. 95k on the clock. Options are: cold weather (heated seats, ski bag, and headlight washers), xenons, and the 19" wheels (I would of much preferred the 18"s as I think it makes it would help feel breakaway points and ride better). It also has manual seats (supposedly a 30lb saving) and the sunroof delete (85lbs? sounds high correct if known).

Had a vehicle inspection done, and aside from needing a new rear view mirror, rear tires, and the valve gasket replaced shortly it's in tip top shape.

First impressions are that when on it, it's one of the best cars I've driven, but for driving around town it rides firmer than I would like, but I think 18's will help with that.

We've seen one of these in our shop w/ 180k on the motor, and the motor in mine feels as strong as any other e46 I've driven, but does anybody on the form have any first hand experience with when it starts to feel weak in the tooth??

eta: sorry for the poor pictures--4 year old in the background required attention, and my iphone's camera is in process of being replaced due to some sort of failure

Updated January 10, 2013 at 1:14 AM

Great car, lovely colour 8).

I can't comment on the mileage question as mine only had 40k when I sold it but I'd definitely recommend 18's to improve the ride quality. My brother-in-law had an M3 at the same time as me on 19's and the ride quality was a lot harsher.

How old are you?

The 32 year olds in bmw 3 series' club is open for new applicants :lol:

--

cheers,

Harry

Too many old sheds.

Ha, I've applied on 17 m3 sites, and am still waiting responses :). I know it's such a typical "I bought a cool car look at me thread", but I wanted you guys to look at me and say "wow he's bought a cool car, must be a cool guy".

The club is called 32ADA3SA. Has a ring to it I know.

--

My Flickr

Invisible Speakers

Pictures or you are definitely not cool.

;)

--

My Flickr

Invisible Speakers

Bugger, I'm 33, and I scrapped my 328 a few months ago :(

Cheers, Rich

--

having sex with three hookers at once and getting your mother to watch a video of it to score you on technique afterwards

Nice car - good colour combo too. mine has 115k on the clock now and is as strong as ever. Keep it serviced and enjoy!

--

Cheers

Rich

Rich B said...

Nice car - good colour combo too. mine has 115k on the clock now and is as strong as ever. Keep it serviced and enjoy!

Thanks Rich! Enjoying it a lot so far.

Nice car, enjoy the driving with the advanced features.

8) Very nice.

--

+ Non-limited edition of the Exige 240R
- Uninspiring soundtrack

lovely, enjoy

Nice, shame it's only got another 5k left before it explodes in a ball of fire. :(

Zonda_ said...

Nice, shame it's only got another 5k left before it explodes in a ball of fire. :(

Ha! I might just total it into a brick wall and collect from insurance should that be the case ;) That's a fail safe plan right?

Very 8) lovely engine on those. Have been lucky enough to hear a few down the years and that wail is addictive.

--

BMW Car Magazine

Previous | 1 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular