Forums > General > Jessops

JESSOPS
Previous | 12 | Next

Jessops goes into administration :(

Didn't someone here work(ed) for them?

So the previous Chief Exec left to join HMV? Check out the business acumen on that guy!

--

What's the difference between a BMW and a hedgehog?

I think Wookie Dave in NZ did/does.

--

Knackered old hairdresser's sh1tter

Oh come on, where are the photography quips ?

Not enough exposure.. flash in a pan.. took too long to develop a business, too many negative reviews etc.

Updated January 9, 2013 at 5:02 PM

--

AmperaWomenCar Trade

Canon fodder for the recession.

--

This ^

They just didn't focus on beating the competition. Time to pull the shutters down. Sorry, I'll f-stop now.

--

I'd Leica new camera. Shame, I could have snapped a bargain

--

This ^

That's a real shame.

240PP, how long can you keep the puns going?;)

--

Tree Trunks, I'm all jacked up because of you. Look at my jacked up face!

And play.com - real shame, used to always go to them first until a few years ago when they changed the format.

Clicky

Jobbo said...

And play.com - real shame, used to always go to them first until a few years ago when they changed the format.

Clicky

That's a real shame, IMHO.

--

Bad news about Play. I've been getting stuff from them since they started (some was even on Laserdisc! :shock:)

Hope they send me my pre order!

things don't seem to be getting any better. Problem is the public sector is being hammered and are not spending. When this makes up 60-70% of the UK workforce, the knock on effect is huge.

Guess I'll have to try and spend the vouchers I've got sooner, rather than later. :?

Worries me, the number of high street companies which are disappearing.

--

BMW Car Magazine

there are remarkably few high streets, never mind stores left

ShockDiamonds said...

Worries me, the number of high street companies which are disappearing.

Folk are quite happy to download, stream, steal movies and music but then seem surprised when high street stores go out of business? Not aimed at you per se SD. HMV and the like have been taking liberties for years, then failed to move with the times, so quite why we should mourn their loss?

The way we buy is changing, we want cheap and online, so the high street needs to adapt to survive, those that refuse will go the way of the UK motor industry..

I'm pretty 'meh' about it.

I hardly ever go shopping, and why would I want to? Driving is expensive, parking spaces are in short supply, carpark charges are ever increasing and public transport is slow, unreliable inconvenient and expensive.

I have to chose one of the options above, waste my time, deal with ignorant members of staff who will try and sell me other products and services which I don't want or need, and will charge me lots for the pleasure.

I'd rather sit in my nice warm house listening to my own music or watching tv, do my own research, spend a couple of minutes buying something and then have the exact same product arrive at my doorstep for a considerable amount less than it would have cost from the highstreet retailer.

Last time I went to jessops my mum wanted to get some photos printed on the way to her friends. The quickest they could do them was 25 minutes. The staff suggested we went to boots next door where we printed them on their instant machine in a couple of minutes :?

Must admit, they were very good and pricematched an internet price when i bought my first dslr 9 or so years ago...

--

cheers,

Harry

Too many old sheds.

Hmm,
let's me see my Jessops spend over the years

1986 Canon T90 £500
1996 Canon 1n £1200
1997 Canon 1nRS £1700
2003 Canon 1D £4300
2003 Canon 16-35mm £1100
2004 Canon 1D £2700
2006 Canon 1Dn £2500
2006 Canon 1Dn £2500

I think i've more than done my bit to help them out since i've been snapping.

Still a shame to see them go but the internets are finding out all the weak players now.

:cry:

My xmas pressie - Fuji Finepix XP100, was from Jessops.

--

Tree Trunks, I'm all jacked up because of you. Look at my jacked up face!

Bought a few lenses there myself but always found that the staff knew fvck all about the products they were selling.

--

Making pancake mix for your mums pancake tits.

Previous | 12 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular