Forums > General > Audi A6 - what does this button do?

AUDI A6 - WHAT DOES THIS BUTTON DO?
Previous | 12 | Next

The lower one. Anyone know?

--

Tim

M135i 8 Speed Auto. Alpine White. Faster than Yu.

Opens the glovebox

B_T_S

--

There's no replacement for displacement

:roll:

--

3 - 2 - 1 - Go.................

..... and the one above turns off the MMI colour screen (useful at night if your passenger wants to sleep)

B_T_S

--

There's no replacement for displacement

Drops the headlining down?

Drops the power/torque?

Your buttons appear to have rust bubbles. :?

Brian_the_Snail said...

Opens the glovebox

B_T_S

:lol:

Did not the glovebox opening when you pressed it give you a clue?

--

Impreza WRX STi Spec-C V-Limited Toshi Arai Edition/ GTR/ Panda 100HP Pandamonium/ 316d

I thought it lowered the undercarriage ready for landing.

Not very intuitive though is it, why over complicate things. A handle works just fine.

Mark BT52 said...

Did not the glovebox opening when you pressed it give you a clue?

Well I was furiously pressing the screen in the picture and nothing was happening, so I thought I'd ask on here.

Most bizarre button since the Impreza "not dim" switch.

--

Tim

It's very handy so you don't have stretch across to open the glovebox. Of course this assumes you don't need to stretch across to put anything in or out of it.

--

What's the difference between a BMW and a hedgehog?

Is it the side-bolster-avoidance-hoist release button? For when you are safely located above the squab? :?

_Mick_N said...

Not very intuitive though is it, why over complicate things. A handle works just fine.

It has a handle as well.

--

Swervin_Mervin said...

Drops the headlining down?

Drops the power/torque?

Your buttons appear to have rust bubbles. :?

I've found that with practically all VAG cars (ok maybe not Bentley/Bugatti), they have this sprayed on rubbery 'paint' on all their switches, which must've looked great when new, but they start to come off after a few years regardless of how well it has been looked after and it makes the whole cabin looks tatty.

--

securitycheck said...

I love the way that half the people on here design F1 cars for a living. :roll:

StEvie_200SX said...

I thought it was the arrestor hook button.

The plastic coating on Audi buttons is shoddy. Our Allroad's centre console buttons were wearing quite badly when we sold it.

--

Share your car adventures.
www.auto-journals.com

Real life with cars

NotoriousREV said...

_Mick_N said...

It has a handle as well.

Oh right, overkill then should have placed the handle where the driver could reach it.

Updated January 9, 2013 at 2:02 PM

This sounds like the rusty wishbone issue all over again. I'm not buying it now.

--

Tim

David_Yu said...

StEvie_200SX said...

I thought it was the arrestor hook button.

The plastic coating on Audi buttons is shoddy. Our Allroad's centre console buttons were wearing quite badly when we sold it.

I've never found that on Japanese cars, why don't they just make the switches out of black plastic instead of white plastic then putting a coating on after? You'd think that they would've noticed it during durability testing and such likes.

--

securitycheck said...

I love the way that half the people on here design F1 cars for a living. :roll:

_Mick_N said...

NotoriousREV said...

_Mick_N said...

It has a handle as well.

Oh right, overkill then should have placed the handle where the driver could reach it.

They have, the button is utterly redundant :lol:

--

Tim said...

Bit concerned about the Braille markings on the switch:shock:

Previous | 12 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular