Forums > Moaning forum > Richer Sounds

RICHER SOUNDS
Previous | 12 | Next

I ordered a 22" tv for the bedroom on Boxing Day from Richer Sounds. They say you should receive delivery within 5 working days; over Christmas and New Year that meant by Thursday last week, so I chased them on Thursday and Friday by e-mail, then phoned on Friday (and had to leave a message).

They phoned back late on Friday, too late to dispatch it that day, so I asked for it to be delivered today when I was at home. Apart from the annoyance of them not dealing with my order until I chased, all well and good.

It's just arrived, having been delivered to my neighbours (27A - I'm 27). I checked the order and it clearly states not just 27 but also the name of the house: The Thatch. I always try to include that so delivery drivers can't get it wrong. Well, this one didn't get it wrong; he went to the house referred to on the address label. How the hell can a web seller change the address between the order and the label?! :roll:

Manual rekeying between systems using postcode search?
Suspect problem is courier.

--

Knackered old hairdresser's sh1tter

Richer Sounds are a cunch of bunts anyway.

Your house name isn't on the Royal Mail postcode address file, which is what all couriers will use when booking jobs, either themselves or by the client.

--

Tim

M135i 8 Speed Auto. Alpine White. Faster than Yu.

My house name isn't, but the number is - and I provided the name in the additional details box. Why re-key it when the address is on the order?

Jobbo said...

My house name isn't, but the number is - and I provided the name in the additional details box. Why re-key it when the address is on the order?

Disconnected systems I guess. We re-key addresses into Interlink's portal when booking collections.

--

Tim

Fair enough, provided you never do a Richer Sounds I guess.

Basically, by adding your house name, you've confused a monkey.

--

Out of step with the forum.

The number's on the postcode database and I gave that; I'm sure they'd have been just as capable of messing it up if I hadn't put the house name, and it might not have got to me at all.

TBH I think I'm going to ask the Royal Mail to include the name as part of the full address. Kept getting my neighbours' post after they moved in because when they updated their addresses, 27 came up before 27A and the phone lackeys assumed they'd got the right address.

Updated January 10, 2013 at 1:54 PM

To remove a house number and replace it with a house name, just contact your Local Authority. They are responsible for officially naming and numbering all properties.

We can add a house name to your property but only as an “alias” The number of your property is still the main identifier and you must use the number in any correspondence. If you want to add a name as an additional identifier drop us an email at addressmaintenance@royalmail.com.

Clicky

PAF is updated every 3 months, I just got the most recent one so it'll be end of March when the next one is issued.

--

Tim

Cheers Tim. My address registered with the local authority does have my house name on it already, FWIW.

Odd that's it's not on the PAF file then. Hmm.

--

Tim

It's obviously not registered as an alias with the RM; it seems that it's quite feasible to have a different address with the local authority and the RM. Their guidance on how to change your number to a name (item 2: do it via the local authority) conflicts with their own policy (item 3: you have to keep a number) :lol:

Jobbo said...

I ordered a 22" tv for the bedroom on Boxing Day from Richer Sounds. They say you should receive delivery within 5 working days; over Christmas and New Year that meant by Thursday last week, so I chased them on Thursday and Friday by e-mail, then phoned on Friday (and had to leave a message).

They phoned back late on Friday, too late to dispatch it that day, so I asked for it to be delivered today when I was at home. Apart from the annoyance of them not dealing with my order until I chased, all well and good.

It's just arrived, having been delivered to my neighbours (27A - I'm 27). I checked the order and it clearly states not just 27 but also the name of the house: The Thatch. I always try to include that so delivery drivers can't get it wrong. Well, this one didn't get it wrong; he went to the house referred to on the address label. How the hell can a web seller change the address between the order and the label?! :roll:

Hi there,

I was sorry to read of the problems you had with your delivery.

Our customer service is our top priority and therefore I’m disappointed to hear you’ve had problems and aren’t completely satisfied with our service.

So that I can look into what has gone wrong on this occasion, please would you PM me with your order reference number and / or sale number?

Meanwhile, sincere apologies once again, and I hope to hear from you soon.

Many thanks,

John Clayton
Operations Director
Richer Sounds

Richer Sounds said...

Hi there,

I was sorry to read of the problems you had with your delivery.

Our customer service is our top priority and therefore I’m disappointed to hear you’ve had problems and aren’t completely satisfied with our service.

So that I can look into what has gone wrong on this occasion, please would you PM me with your order reference number and / or sale number?

Meanwhile, sincere apologies once again, and I hope to hear from you soon.

Many thanks,

John Clayton
Operations Director
Richer Sounds

Welcome to the forum; what car do you drive?

--

Kintegra y0!

Hi there,

Thanks for the welcome!

My daily drive is a 545i.

John.

Excellent choice of car John - I drive a 545i every day too. Can't be many of us who do :D

I'll PM you the order number, but I think I may have unfairly maligned Richer Sounds since it may well be DPD who messed up the address.

At least you can defend yourself when he sues you:lol:

Can't sue someone for stating facts, but I'm conscious that the plural of anecdote is not data. And it's a right pain to register for this forum so I applaud John's effort to deal with this :D

Remember though that he fits the PH stereotype of Operations Directors drive large capacity Germans cars and are generally powerfully built :shock:

Previous | 12 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular