Forums > Gaming forum > Lego Marvel Superheroes

LEGO MARVEL SUPERHEROES
Previous | 1234 | Next

Another year, another project, and this one should be a doozy.

Gameinformer

This one will be chock full of cool characters, I'm quite excited about this. 8)

Have just seen it. Looks bloody good. HULK SMASH!!!!8)

--

Definition of an optimist… "A person who thinks he can just afford to run a second-hand Aston Martin"

8)

Excellent news Barry!

Will this one have speech like LOTR? I think it adds a hell of a lot to the game having the speech in.

--

Bunta's Tofu

I would imagine it will have speech, now the precedent has been set, but cannot confirm at this stage.

Shameless bump for a CVG preview :lol:

When's it expected to be released Baz?

I think the aim is for an autumn release this year Gav :)

My nephew can't wait that long Baz, tell the team to pull their fingers out! :D

Believe me, we get plenty pressure to hit deadlines as it is, don't lay the guilt on with the kids :lol:

One of many E3 vids

8)

edit:

Cheesy interview with our lead designer :lol:

Updated June 13, 2013 at 1:35 PM

Shameless bump - Stan Lee!

8)

Another shameless bump for those that haven't been spammed enough by me on FB - PC DEMO Now out - treat yourself 8)

Launch Trailer

Go buy it folks 8)

First reviews are coming in:

IGN 9/10 8)

Polygon 8.5/10 8)

average score there of less than 9/10 - sounds crap....

Seriously, well done. it looks ace.

What part do you play in the creation?

I'm part of the team that builds, animates and sets up the game play in the levels, so basically most of the Lego you see in the levels is down to our team in some form or other. I had control over one full level, two of the freeplay areas and helped with a lot of the pre-level puzzles in the hub area (cue all the complaints) :lol:

What do you actually do Barry, specifically?

Another nice review has surfaced - Game Informer 9-10

As above, when I get a level design its down to me to build the Lego game play, animate it where neccesary, add that to the level, and then set up the links so that things flow together in the puzzles. So when you interact with something, its more than likely it'll have been placed and setup by myself or one of my colleagues.

I also play a part in the ingame camera setup, collision (although not so much on this one), and then obviously I have to bug fix at the end. We're called the "Level Construction Artists" in the credits if you want to check ;)

Demo (XBL) is very good... Kids loved it aswell (4 and 11)

--

Cheers,

Ian

IanF said...

Demo (XBL) is very good... Kids loved it aswell (4 and 11)

Cheers Ian. Getting a fairly good average on Metacritic so far too, and its not even out here yet. 8)

ps: Gamesradar let their intern newbie do the review, not sure why he's decided to have a pop.. he won't be getting an early review copy next time :lol:

Previous | 1234 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular