Forums > General > Car Ad BS

CAR AD BS
Previous | 1 | Next

Honestly...

"The previous owner was that meticulous, he explained he was the only person who had ever driven the car, and hadn't even let anyone else occupy the driver's seat in case they would mark the leather. He explained that he would have carefully lifted himself up over the bolster so as to not cause any undue pressure that would mark or weaken the bolster."

--

Tim

M135i 8 Speed Auto. Alpine White. Faster than Yu.

Tim said...

He explained that he would have carefully lifted himself up over the bolster so as to not cause any undue pressure that would mark or weaken the bolster."

That's crazy talk, who in their right mind would ever do that?

Ahem :oops:

--

Cunt

Are there any screw holes in the door frame for the hoist he used to get over the bolster?

I always lift myself up and out to avoid scraping too hard over the bolster :?

--

cheers,

Harry

Too many old sheds.

Will he provide a certificate to this effect?

I tend not to 'flop' into the seat too hard or fall out of it, but that's because my bolster is already a bit worn and there's no point aggravating it.

But that's just common sense. Why draw specific attention to it?

What happened when it went in for a service?

Wilspeeds said...

Tim said...

He explained that he would have carefully lifted himself up over the bolster so as to not cause any undue pressure that would mark or weaken the bolster."

That's crazy talk, who in their right mind would ever do that?

Ahem :oops:

Not normal behaviour for sure. But, that having been said, when buying a used car, I'm all for cars that have previously been owned by OCD types!

--

Exploring the dark side in a brace of Bavaria's finest.

http://www.auto-journals.com/journals/BMW?model=Z1&journal=188

I don't let anyone else so much as look at my car - lest they damage the paintwork by resting their eyes on it.

mik said...

I don't let anyone else so much as look at my car - lest they damage the paintwork by resting their eyes on it.

Vauxhall paint as crap as ever then ;)

Col__ said...

mik said...

Vauxhall paint as crap as ever then ;)

Mik won't know - you'll need to ask someone who drives a Vauxhall ;)

--

ClubLupo
Technomotive - Games, Cars, Stuff

integrale_evo said...

I always lift myself up and out to avoid scraping too hard over the bolster :?

The GF sits on the bolster as she gets out.

That evidence will feature in the murder trial.

Try owning a Z1. Not an easy car to get in and out of, and it's virtually impossible to stop passengers (especially the heavier ones) sitting on the door itself as they get in and out, which cannot be good for it. At least I quickly managed to train my GF not to swipe the top of the door or the dashboard with her heels when getting in and out...

--

Exploring the dark side in a brace of Bavaria's finest.

http://www.auto-journals.com/journals/BMW?model=Z1&journal=188

Previous | 1 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular