Forums > Moaning forum > People I know on Linkedin

PEOPLE I KNOW ON LINKEDIN
Previous | 12 | Next

Some people are utterly unfathomable.

What is a 'Risk Systems Management Analyst Developer' ?

Or being '....responsible for managing delivery of new acquiring products to market' ?

I also have a good friend pretending he has studied English at University and his profile is full of grammar errors and yet he has a great career.

Every time you post about your friends, we always say the same thing. Can't you go postal and kill them all or something? Doesn't sound like the world will miss them :)

--

Caterham 7 - Seat, steering wheel, pedals, er... Lights?

What are you doing on LinkedIn? Do they accept 'bum' as an occupation? ;)

ETA: aimed at Nathan, not Chris :lol:

Updated January 8, 2013 at 12:55 PM

I know..

Nathan, remind me what you do again ?

_Mick_N said...

Don't answer that question, Nathan!

--

Yes, yes, yes, I'm doing that all the time. You don't have to remind me every 10 seconds.

I ran a network with a backend of a Linux server, just some shared files. No directory services or owt, very straightforward.

I was 'recommended' or whatever they say, for AD and metadata systems by a person who worked there.

Que?

LinkedIn is like one huge tragic version of The Office, only it's real and everyone takes it seriously.

--

Chur Bro,

Bodey

I'm not on Linkedin, but I get random invites for it. I also got an invitation by someone I've barely worked with to something called 'skillpages'. Anyone ever heard of that?

--

+ Non-limited edition of the Exige 240R
- Uninspiring soundtrack

N said...

Some people are utterly unfathomable.

What is a 'Risk Systems Management Analyst Developer' ?

Or being '....responsible for managing delivery of new acquiring products to market' ?

I also have a good friend pretending he has studied English at University and his profile is full of errors in his grammar and yet he has a great career.

HTH :D

Like Twitter, LinkedIn is something I signed up to then never went on.

We get told to join LinkedIn at uni because it will help with networking and get us a job. If someone knows you well enough to give you a professional job then they wouldn't find you out of the blue on LinkedIn would they? :roll:

This ain't no chat roulette baby, this ain't no plentyohmonkfish baby, this is real life baby. Someone give that guy some sense.

Updated January 8, 2013 at 2:40 PM

--

Making pancake mix for your mums pancake tits.

duncs500 said...

I'm not on Linkedin, but I get random invites for it. I also got an invitation by someone I've barely worked with to something called 'skillpages'. Anyone ever heard of that?

Yes, a client of mine recommended me on skillpages. Clearly a linkedin-esque copy, I accepted so as to be polite (as I did when I joined linkedin) but I don't know anything about it.

Is it not polite to ignore invites? I get invites from people that don't even work in my industry... what's the point in that?

--

+ Non-limited edition of the Exige 240R
- Uninspiring soundtrack

Say what you like about LinkedIn, but my last 3 roles all came from my profile being on there so I'm happy to keep using it.

The old recommendations thing was OK (particularly as I wasn't afraid to say no to writing a recommendation for people I wouldn't recommend) but the current "endorse" thing is annoying as people just seem to click "endorse" with no meaning behind it at all.

--

What's the difference between a BMW and a hedgehog?

Jobbo said...

Yes, a client of mine recommended me on skillpages. Clearly a linkedin-esque copy, I accepted so as to be polite (as I did when I joined linkedin) but I don't know anything about it.

Yet you didn't accept the invitation from me, Revs, Mik and Munki for our hair washing party :(

--

Yes, yes, yes, I'm doing that all the time. You don't have to remind me every 10 seconds.

I think that must have gone straight to my spam folder Marv, didn't see it ;)

Not polite? Well, I would like to work for the client again, and it was the work of a moment to click 'accept'.

I use it to keep in touch with fellow automotive jobbers, makes it easier for me to follow where they are working and if I found myself looking for work Linkedin would be handy.

NotoriousREV said...

The old recommendations thing was OK (particularly as I wasn't afraid to say no to writing a recommendation for people I wouldn't recommend) but the current "endorse" thing is annoying as people just seem to click "endorse" with no meaning behind it at all.

This.

Apparently I have been endorsed for systems integration. (You know who you are ;) )

My idea of systems integration normally involves setting fire to two computers till they melt, then stirring the slag together till they are not discernible from each other.

Marv said...

_Mick_N said...

Don't answer that question, Nathan!

I think Mick doesn't mind me :D

No one is immune to the wrath of Mick, surely? :D

--

Previous | 12 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular