Forums > General > If I had just sold the Zonda

IF I HAD JUST SOLD THE ZONDA
Previous | 12 | Next

Hearing of the departure of Harry’s Z got me thinking about what I would replace it with if I was in that deeply enviable position. Obvious choice seems to be to stick with the brand and go Huayra, but it's very pricey and what if you want to stay with the N/A approach? Top of my list would be Aventador or Carrera GT, both seem to offer razor-sharp responses and pant-wetting noises. Plus they look like seks on wheels.

If you'd just sold the Zonda and had all the other cars in Harry's garage, what would you replace it with, without spending extra on top?

--

Petrol in veins, diesel in car

Instagram & Twitter - automymind

A Carrera GT and a SLR Mclaren.

Super cruiser and focused rev monster, both excellent at their designated duties.

Dave!

--

I came here to drink milk and kick ass..... and i've just finished my milk!!!!

Murcielago LP670-SV, Ford GT, or Diablo SE30 Jota (rarer than hens teeth).

--

Tree Trunks, I'm all jacked up because of you. Look at my jacked up face!

It would have to be another Zonda surely? I don't think you can simply replace a Zonda with a suitable alternative marque.

Updated January 8, 2013 at 12:14 PM

ksumner37 said...

It would have to be another Zonda surely? I don't think you can simply replace a Zonda with a suitable alternative marque.

I've never driven a Zonda, so can't be definitive, but why not? It's all about enjoying the driving experience right? There are many awesome cars out there that have their own unique characters, which one you connect with depends on personal criteria.

I had the chance to drive some amazing cars during one day a couple of years ago - Vanquish, 575m, Conti GT, Arnage, DB7, (70's) 911 and more. But if I could have taken one home, it would have been a V8 Vantage Roadster that I clicked with. Probably one of the cheaper and less powerful cars there, but the sound, look and feel felt very right. Some might say that you can't compare a 575m with a Vantage 'vert, but given the choice, I'd take the Aston every day.

--

The Carrera GT and Enzo could be considered - I'd have to try both to decide 8) as they seem to have a similar brief.
Or in a totally different style, an F40 or a 288 GTO.
And no diesel Golf thank you.

--

Pilouil
Citroen C3 1.4 HDI 69.0424 bhp

There's a rather nice white Carerra GT in white @ Lovetts at the moment, and I know Harry has a good relationship with the guys there :)

--

Caterham 7 - Seat, steering wheel, pedals, er... Lights?

pilouil said...

The Carrera GT and Enzo could be considered - I'd have to try both to decide 8) as they seem to have a similar brief.
Or in a totally different style, an F40 or a 288 GTO.
And no diesel Golf thank you.

Could you get an Enzo for Zonda C12S money anymore? I thought Enzo prices had gone into orbit.

--

+ Non-limited edition of the Exige 240R
- Uninspiring soundtrack

duncs500 said...

Could you get an Enzo for Zonda C12S money anymore? I thought Enzo prices had gone into orbit.

£750-900K and rising :shock:

No point in getting another or limited edition Zonda. I'd also wait for the next upgrades on the Huayra to make it sound better and go even faster.

Carrera GT is a great choice but personally, Mac F1. You only live once.

--

3 - 2 - 1 - Go.................

duncs500 said...

I have no clear idea of the price of the Zonda - an Enzo can be found from £620,000 (zum Beispiel)

Edit: a C12S may be only about £400,000 though (again in Germany)

Updated January 8, 2013 at 1:04 PM

--

Pilouil
Citroen C3 1.4 HDI 69.0424 bhp

I guess when we don't know what the Z sold for, it's quite hard to know what the budget is. What would be reasonable estimates? 400k+ ?

--

How long is a piece of string. Bearing in mind how few are for sale it's hard to put a price on them.Wasn't there a C12 S roadster for sale for £600K recently?

I wonder how long it will take Harry to want back in, like with the Maser?

Did he not replace it with the Mito :roll::oops:

I am in love with his espada at the moment... Can't wait to see it in the mag

Put that with the countach and his maserati, not sure if he needs to replace the zonda...

His garage is very enviable

Obvious choices - Carrera GT, Aventador or 559 GTO.
Classic choice - Ferrari Daytona
Unusual choice - Spyker C8 Laviolette & a 911 GT2RS (one has the Pagani bling, the other the Pagani go!)
What Harry would never pick - Koenigsegg CCR or CCX.

Alan said...

Harry bought a MiTo?

--

The Spyker is a good shout. Long shot bet - Jaguar XJ15 or 220?

--

Tree Trunks, I'm all jacked up because of you. Look at my jacked up face!

J.T. said...

Alan said...

Harry bought a MiTo?

For the kid's to learn in (he claims, but going by his long term report in 179, he quite enjoys it)

Previous | 12 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular