Forums > General > Sky On-Demand

SKY ON-DEMAND
Previous | 1 | Next

Evening all,

Any idea why I'm only seeing "Showcase" but now "Catch Up", "Library", "Movies" etc.

Cheers

--

and from the beginning think what may be the end.

Assume the box is plugged into Internet box ?

--

GiraffeIT.com / Installations / Support / Training
evo featured Renault Megane R26 (c) Barry Club.

Oh yeah, I've been through the troubleshooting guide - according to the website, the presence of little pictures against each item is the confirmation that it's connected - I have this but only for showcase which is just the "On-Demand" ones

Edit - OK, checked a few more things and looks like network issue - I'll keep diggin

Updated January 7, 2013 at 10:58 PM

--

Right, trying to configure the network - I add the configurations and save them.

Sky then searches for the network and apparently finds it - Local Connection and Service Connection go to OK

However, about 5 seconds later, the Service Connection flicks to Fail.

Quick (Dumb) question - My router IP address according to my iPhone and according to my Laptop are different - which should be used

--

What IP address does the router say it is?

Why do your iPhone and laptop disagree with each other? Do you have a "guest" wifi setup for you mobile or something?

When the Sky box is plugged into the network, does the router show it as a connected device?

Updated January 8, 2013 at 6:56 AM

--

She's built like a steakhouse but she handles like a bistro.

- Dunno. Haven't had to log into the router since it went in so can't find the U-Name and P-Word I set it up with. Need to dig out some old notes later on

Why do your iPhone and laptop disagree with each other? Do you have a "guest" wifi setup for you mobile or something?

- Nope - with both, WiFi on each device "found" the network in both cases and, after entering the password, it just connected - I've never had to manually enter address info before

When the Sky box is plugged into the network, does the router show it as a connected device?

- Yep.

Confuddled - I don't do comms :lol:

--

Dinny_G said...

- Dunno. Haven't had to log into the router since it went in so can't find the U-Name and P-Word I set it up with. Need to dig out some old notes later on

Assuming your laptop is Windows based:
Start
run
command (or cmd)
ipconfig

You are looking for the default gateway - this is the IP address of your router, which should be the same for all devices on your local network; all your devices should have a different and unique IP address assigned to them.

Your Sky Box should be getting an IP address (plus gateway, subnet mask and DNS servers) via DHCP. Your dhcp server will most probably be the router.

Right, progress.

Found the Router credentials (on a scrap of paper in the attic of all places), logged in, got the right config parameters (LAN, not Wireless) and bingo, I'm in - Excellent.

However, new problem. Access my first film (Hugo), it starts downloading...and then the Sky Box freezes - 4 times now until I had to cancel the recording.

Think this may be one for Sky Helo Desk to assist with - God help me

--

Dinny_G said...

Right, progress.

Found the Router credentials (on a scrap of paper in the attic of all places), logged in, got the right config parameters (LAN, not Wireless) and bingo, I'm in - Excellent.

However, new problem. Access my first film (Hugo), it starts downloading...and then the Sky Box freezes - 4 times now until I had to cancel the recording.

Think this may be one for Sky Helo Desk to assist with - God help me

Had similar the other week and a planner rebuild sorted it.

Do this -

On your remote, press Services,0,0,1,Select.

Press each key without pausing, and don't wait for the screen to change on each key press - it won't. The final 'Select' will take you to the Installer menu were you'll find Planner Rebuild.

ETA - Planner rebuild doesn't delete anything.

Updated January 8, 2013 at 11:27 PM

--

Strong Broo Racing

That seems to have sorted it scotta :D

Nice one bruva!!

--

Dinny_G said...

That seems to have sorted it scotta :D

Nice one bruva!!

Sawted :P

--

Strong Broo Racing

Nope - freezing again. 1 minute into the download and it hangs.. :(

--

Dinny_G said...

Nope - freezing again. 1 minute into the download and it hangs.. :(

Mine just hung also!

--

Strong Broo Racing

I've a few things recorded that I want to watch and then, I'm going to do a full re-set and re-configure it again.

--

Previous | 1 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular