Forums > General > Find me something interesting

FIND ME SOMETHING INTERESTING
Previous | 12 | Next

I've recently come into a fairly substantial bereavement dividend and I've set some of it aside for a new toy.

The max budget is about £15k. Requirements are rwd, big engine and I have to be able to fit my massive 6'4" frame into it. I'm also not into anything too modern either. I've been looking at Old Merc and BMW coupes for a while but this budget increase has opened things up a bit. Just curious to see what you guys would get.

Other option is using the money to put myself through the bike test and get a bike.

Lastly this is purely bored curiosity at work and will almost certainly be ignored when I get round to buying something :lol:.

Updated January 7, 2013 at 2:53 PM

--

I often drive for a road travel

There's a mustang round here somewhere going cheap ;)

--

and from the beginning think what may be the end.

Buy foz's lotus - you'll easily fit as long as you're not a bloater as well as a giant.

--

Done.

I've never really fancied one of those mad Elises. It all seems a bit too frantic to me. I fear I'd end up upside down, on fire and dead before too long.

--

What could go wrong?

Do you feel lucky

A gamble?

Strewth

Cheap to run, honest

Someone will be around shortly to suggest an E46 M3 or a 996

--

Stolen Orions on fire off the hard shoulder of the M8. I watched neds litter in the dark near the Tennents shop. All those... moments... will be lost in time, like [coughs] tears... in... rain. Time... to die...

I'd suggest an E46 M3 or a 996.

--

Jobbo said...

Rev is correct, of course

McSwede said...

What could go wrong?
Never liked it

Do you feel lucky
Hadn't actually thought of the Cerbera yet.

A gamble?
That's too cheap. It must be broken.

Strewth
Don't like it.

Cheap to run, honest
Again, never appealed to me.

Good effort though

Updated January 7, 2013 at 3:16 PM

--

Just buy an F40.

Or more seriously if you spend about £1000 for passing the bike test and about £1000 for appropriate clothes / equipment, £13,000 should get you a pretty decent bike to start with.

--

Pilouil
Citroen C3 1.4 HDI 69.0424 bhp

I was thinking about IS-Fs earlier, shame they're tantalisingly out of budget.

--

+ Non-limited edition of the Exige 240R
- Uninspiring soundtrack

McSwede runs for cover

15 Ford Pumas? Or 30 shit ones?

I actually like the SM. I'd consider the Lotus Carlton from the same auction first though.

--

Alex88 said...

15 Ford Pumas? Or 30 shit ones?

Could pritt stick all the engines together and make myself an Aston.

--

Does £15k get an E46 M3 CS ? I assume CSLs are out of reach. Most BMWs are good for tall folk, E46 will definitely be big enough for you to be comfortable. I'm 6'4" and BMWs are the only cars that I've consistently found to be comforable.

996 is not quite as big, and I've still not got a really comfortable driving position sorted even after a year, but I seem to have weird legs as most other people cope fine.

Don't even bother considering air cooled Porsches, they're tiny.

--

It's not a Golf | Neither is this | This one's just a posh Beetle

zedleg said...

Other option is using the money to put myself through the bike test and get a bike.

And create your own Bereavement Dividend :shock:

Sundayjumper said...

Does £15k get an E46 M3 CS ? I assume CSLs are out of reach. Most BMWs are good for tall folk, E46 will definitely be big enough for you to be comfortable. I'm 6'4" and BMWs are the only cars that I've consistently found to be comforable.

996 is not quite as big, and I've still not got a really comfortable driving position sorted even after a year, but I seem to have weird legs as most other people cope fine.

Aye both the BMWs I currently have are comfy enough. I drove my E28 to France and back last year with not much bother. I think the only reason I'm not looking at M3s is that I fancy something different from everyone else :lol:.

996 is another one on the list of cars I'm not even interested in. Just don't like them.

--

Over budget and you might not fit, but yummy!

--

Something witty goes here.....

Jorg Gray Ltd Edition Watch Number : 313631

Dan said...

Buy foz's lotus - you'll easily fit as long as you're not a bloater as well as a giant.

Broooooooooooooooooooooooooooce (or are you calling me fat?)!

EDIT: and if you do consider a Cerb make sure you speak to his Nefness beforehand.

Updated January 7, 2013 at 4:06 PM

--

DeskJockey
---
Now fueled by heavy oil...

zedleg said...

Strewth
Don't like it.

How about a proper brucewagon then? Matt will probably sell you his actually.... he keeps yabbering on about a deezal

Previous | 12 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular