Forums > General > eBay prices

EBAY PRICES
Previous | 1 | Next

I don't get it.

My Huawei Ascend G300 cost me £100 from Vodafone 10 months ago.

You can go into the store today and buy one for £100.

People are selling them on eBay, used, for £80 - £90.

No sim lock perhaps?

--

DeskJockey
---
Now fueled by heavy oil...

Many times I have been watching an item(s) for sale & it's gone way past the buy it now price & carried on going!

I think people get carried away with it all & just want to win.

These people are called 'stupid'

Other users prey on these stupid people & place used items for sale at or just below the price of a new item to make money.

If you see a stupid, do not look at them.

--

Cheers,

Gwaredd

steelesigns.co.uk

Then the first Prade/LG phone came out it cost £300 (irc), people were buying them on eBay for £500-£600 even though shops had plenty in stock.

People are idiots.

I miss the days when ebay was for geeks to sell StarWars collectables.

Right, I thought there was something I was missing, but obviously it's the mouth-breathing gene.

The first Christmas the Wii was available (which I think was around it's launch date) my friend managed to get a few and sell them on eBay at a profit. They then came back in stock at Argos, where he purchased a few more and carried on selling them for the same profit on eBay :lol:

GK1985 said...

The first Christmas the Wii was available (which I think was around it's launch date) my friend managed to get a few and sell them on eBay at a profit:lol:

We did this too. The first one netted us over £200 in profit :lol:

--

Cheers,

Gwaredd

steelesigns.co.uk

We were selling the Lego Minecraft sets at a profit just before Christmas. We bought them directly off the Lego UK website.

--

Out of step with the forum.

Gwaredd said...

This I don't understand. For instance I have a Nexus 4 listed BuyItNow for less than they are making in auctions Clicky and barely anyone has looked at my advert ??

When we were selling our house we didn't want any of the furniture so put it on eBay. We sold one sofa (broken) for £800 :shock:

My parents bought it from DFS for less than that years ago :lol:

--

How about not having a sig at all?

Get onto your local Facebook buying and selling places for really daft prices. Women were buying stuff in the Next sale then selling them for the pre-sale price plus P&P whilst the sale was still going on.

--

Out of step with the forum.

People are dumb.

I bought the wife a North Face down jacket in a well advertised sale from Go Outdoors a couple of years ago. I also bought three others at the same time and flogged them all for nearly list price on Ebay meaning the wifes jacket cost me nothing.

Bang on!!!

N said...

Gwaredd said...

This I don't understand. For instance I have a Nexus 4 listed BuyItNow for less than they are making in auctions Clicky and barely anyone has looked at my advert ??

Woah woah woah, hold the phone (no pun intended!).

Are you selling a Nexus phone for about a 50% profit. Brilliant :lol:

Even if it's brand new with tags but from a private seller rather than a business I expect it to be cheaper than retail - rule of thumb is retail minus VAT for me, less than that if the postage appears excessive.

For second hand stuff it's retail minus VAT, minus 15% of list as well - that gives me a max bid that I will never be goaded into exceeding, if i lose then meh - it's usually an item that's a luxury rather than a neccessity and i can try again at a later time.

--

New exhaust valves and pipework fitted

GK1985 said...

N said...

Gwaredd said...

Brilliant yes, but trying buying one from Google - they dont have any. You need to buy one from a shop, which retail them for £390ish.

Ye, I know they're always sold out, as I bloomin' well want one :evil:

Am I tempted to be ripped off somewhere else though, not a chance. I'll just have to wait patiently :(

GK1985 said...

Ye, I know they're always sold out, as I bloomin' well want one :evil:

Am I tempted to be ripped off somewhere else though, not a chance. I'll just have to wait patiently :(

back in stock sometime next week apparently...

There's an app for that!

Your link text

iPad mini 16GB made me laugh, out of stock in the shop but people wouldn't pay for the 32GB version on the very rare occasion they were in. eBay had them for more than the cost of the 16GB version and selling :lol:

GK1985 said...

N said...

Gwaredd said...

N is busted.

Selling baby fetish costumes eh? What's your game?

Updated January 7, 2013 at 10:23 PM

--

How about not having a sig at all?

re read my post, that's not me

Previous | 1 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular