Forums > General > Cannonball 2000 DVD

CANNONBALL 2000 DVD
Previous | 12 | Next

Hello

We hope that you've played the DVD attached in the latest issue of Evo. As ever, feedback is important, positive or negative we would love to know your thoughts?

thanks

This sort of thing doesn't really hold any interest for me especially after someone triggered my gag reflex by saying "Lifestyle Event" :x

It looked like it was filmed and narrated for ITV4 late night scheduling and was a rather boring.

I'm sure the guys on it had a great time but I couldn't sit through more than a few minutes of it.

Back in the day when the Gumball dvd's were popular at least there was some high speed tomfoolery to make the video interesting.

Nowadays events like your just attracts the attentions of French Plod so cruising at 80mph ain't so thrilling.

McSwede said...

It looked like it was filmed and narrated for ITV4 late night scheduling and was a rather boring.

I'm sure the guys on it had a great time but I couldn't sit through more than a few minutes of it.

+1

edit to add that the page in the mag where the DVD was located was after the start of a feature IIRC. Which is stoopid.

Updated January 7, 2013 at 12:34 PM

--

BMW Car Magazine

It has the word "lifestyle" on it.
Therefore it went straight into the bin.

--

Impreza WRX STi Spec-C V-Limited Toshi Arai Edition/ GTR/ Panda 100HP Pandamonium/ 316d

From Pisch:

Mark BT52 said...

It has the word "lifestyle" on it.
Therefore it went straight into the bin.

I'm using mine as a coaster.

--

Out of step with the forum.

It was pretty boring, I only managed a few minutes.

--

How about not having a sig at all?

These events initially had some entertainment value as there was some high speeds and adventure in lovely cars.

Now they just seem to be wealthy idiots who are desperate to appear wacky and interesting.

--

Cheers,
Mike

It seems that the Gumball/Bullrun/Cannonball should be a crazy impromtue roadtrip is now a guided bar/club crawl.
You guys are in a bit of a conumdrum - you can't race. But you want fast cars. You want to party ánd go well into 4am drinking your own body weight in Jäger, but need to drive the next day and can't tell the rich punters to check out by 8am. You need crazy stuff to sell the DVD or Youtube clips, but realise that you need to abide by laws for next year.
So it being a magnet for Douchebags does grind with other car owners.

--

Whiskey is my yoga

Honestly I thought it was Cannonball circa 2000 as a DVD as that is what people did back in the day.

- Do we get a Union Jack vinyl wrap for the roof next month?

--

Whiskey is my yoga

Harsh words from all, I bet the poster is glad they asked now! For the record I haven't even looked at mine..

Straight in the bin. Cock sucking self pontificating arse maggots.

--

Your opinion is very important for me. Thank you please.

Barry said...

Harsh words from all, I bet the poster is glad they asked now! For the record I haven't even looked at mine..

Mine's on the floor gathering dust :lol:

Sorry, it's not my cup of tea...

By the way, I thought this would be about a DVD for the Cannoball which too place in the year 2000.

Surely it should be 2013 ;)

CB2000 said...

Hello

We hope that you've played the DVD attached in the latest issue of Evo. As ever, feedback is important, positive or negative we would love to know your thoughts?

thanks

Stop calling it a lifestyle event. Make it more about the journey. I miss the days when buying a roadrace dvd meant this 8)

click

--

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.”

drophead said...

CB2000 said...

Hello

thanks

Stop calling it a lifestyle event. Make it more about the journey. I miss the days when buying a roadrace dvd meant this 8)

click

Seriously? That's boring as fvck. I don't see the appeal of watching a Supercar driving at 100mph on the motorway. I can do that in my Mito FFS. Plus they've cut out the most important bit of the video - the sound.

I'd rather watch a Supercar do a trackday.

--

How about not having a sig at all?

I think the Cannonball 2000 punters or even EVO should look at what Brock Yates the one who the Cannonball was made famous by and what he did with it. The one lap of Americahere
Where you go to a Racetrack, practice, qualify and race. The fastest groups race first and leave first, the slower groups have to wait. Then you drive 300-600 miles to the Hotel and the next racetrack. The limitation being you can only use one set of tyres.
You put your money where your mouth is.

While I am sure Maximillion Cooper of Gumball, Andy Duncan who organised the early Gumballs and now runs Bullrun will always attract the lifestyle client who likes to wave at people revving a Ferrari and then go to a club.
It is all a bit artificial and scripted. The 7 or so Girls are having photos taken with 30 or so middle age men.

--

Whiskey is my yoga

So it sounds like the lifestyle types killed off a legendary petrolhead event.

It needs resurrecting as a petrolhead event, picking sensible/usable roads, picking up places like the ring or spa and keeping the SuperDry brigade out who are only there to get extreme FB profile pics

NotoriousREV said...

Mark BT52 said...

It has the word "lifestyle" on it. Therefore it went straight into the bin.

I'm using mine as a coaster.

Mine too. I thought that if I kept it, I might watch it. Luckily, as the producer of the DVD has posted on this forum, the responses have saved me the time.

I'm off to buy some chewing gum to stick to the sole of my shoe..

Sounds like more research of the target audience was required.....shame there isn't a Boatshoes mag.

--

Cheers,
Mike

Previous | 12 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular