Forums > Moaning forum > Wine

WINE
Previous | 12 | Next

No your not cool, your a bloody alcoholic!

The sophisticated choice for today's alky, you get much more likes and lol's on teh facebooks for wine o clock etc.

So much more acceptable/cooler on the social media than skulking a case of the purple tin.

--

A yellow loltus

I love a good Vacaras. However, over here, we don't pay the same as you guys.

I love red but can't drink white. Rosé is only for the summer next to the pool ;).

Updated January 6, 2013 at 10:07 PM

--

Nuts on the road

Foz said...

No your not cool, your a bloody alcoholic!

The sophisticated choice for today's alky, you get much more likes and lol's on teh facebooks for wine o clock etc.

So much more acceptable/cooler on the social media than skulking a case of the purple tin.

I quite surprised learning that wine alky's have a good bottle which they fill with cheap sh!t - part of the justification apparently. No idea how that works, looking like you're drinking expensive wine is acceptable? Hides the problem?

Girls are by far and away the worst for this.

I know couples that get through a bottle of wine every night and they think it's what normal people do. But they'd be horrified if they met someone who had 5 vodkas before bed every day.

--

Out of step with the forum.

A bottle of wine between two people? How utterly shocking! There are 9 units of alcohol in a standard (12% vol) bottle of wine, so if shared equally that's 4.5 units each, equivalent to slightly less than 2 pints of a standard (4%) lager which is 4.6 units.

Drunk every day that may be over the recommended weekly intake, but not by very much. It's not exactly hardcore alcoholism. A bottle each would be different...

Most people I know drink most days and as Jobbo says a bottle of red wine shared between two people is only a tad over the government recommended limit.

Red wine especially has some health benefits.

If it's not spirit, you're not trying.

I've never understood people who drink every day, but then I feel at least some after-effects the next morning even if I've only had a couple of pints the night before, so it's a useful deterrent.

JL said...

I've never understood people who drink every day, but then I feel at least some after-effects the next morning even if I've only had a couple of pints the night before, so it's a useful deterrent.

This.

--

+ Non-limited edition of the Exige 240R
- Uninspiring soundtrack

Because people enjoy it ?

If it's in moderation I don't see the problem, life is too short to worry about these things.

Jobbo said...

A bottle of wine between two people? How utterly shocking! There are 9 units of alcohol in a standard (12% vol) bottle of wine, so if shared equally that's 4.5 units each, equivalent to slightly less than 2 pints of a standard (4%) lager which is 4.6 units.

Drunk every day that may be over the recommended weekly intake, but not by very much. It's not exactly hardcore alcoholism. A bottle each would be different...

<-The point....................Jobbo->

--

Out of step with the forum.

_Mick_N said...

Because people enjoy it ?

If it's in moderation I don't see the problem, life is too short to worry about these things.

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with half a bottle a day, just agreeing with JL, that given I can feel even a couple of glasses the next morning there's no point for me outside of an occasion. The missus isn't much of a drinker either, so whenever we do have a bottle it's usually me drinking two thirds to three quarters anyway... I think I know who's winning in that instance.8)

Updated January 7, 2013 at 10:36 AM

--

- Uninspiring soundtrack

NotoriousREV said...

Jobbo said...

<-The point....................Jobbo->

Drinking 5 vodkas after brushing your teeth definitely has different connotations even if you're trying to assert that 5 vodkas contains a similar number of units to half a bottle of wine (which it doesn't; based on standard 35ml unit and 37.5% vol, 5 vodkas contains 7 units).

Vaguely on-topic, does anyone else ever think how archaic it is that we still haven't found a hangover-free equivalent to alcohol?

JL said...

Vaguely on-topic, does anyone else ever think how archaic it is that we still haven't found a hangover-free equivalent to alcohol?

Indeed, or at the very least a 100% effective hangover cure.

--

- Uninspiring soundtrack

duncs500 said...

JL said...

This.

As of today I'm kicking back into my regime of no drinks Mon-Wed inclusive. Personal choice for health reasons, otherwise I'd drink every night. 'Cos I like it and rarely overdo it.

"Look at these dicks! Obviously, it's not really delicious, like hot chocolate or Coke, but for wine it's delicious”

If the folk having wineoclock each day after work can't actually handle the thought of doing without it then they have an issue.

Ask most of them to try it and they shudder at the thought so they do really have an issue.

According to the nhs Im an acute alcoholic and didnt have long left to live. :roll:

If you're waiting for the clock to tick past 6pm so you can open a bottle, chances are you'll be drinking a fair bit more than one bottle between two people every night.

When still living with my ex-wife but having decided to separate, we'd often share a bottle during the evening. However, she would have one glass and I'd have the rest of the bottle, then when she hadn't finished hers and there was no more left I'd have that too. So sharing isn't perfect ;)

Previous | 12 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular