Forums > General > Ring Clangers

RING CLANGERS
Previous | 123456 | Next

Expensive and embarrassing moments a plenty

Whoops

I watch, but I rarely laugh.

Sometimes though, sometimes you have to wonder what else they thought was going to happen :?

--

A Christ is for life, not just for dogmas.

Get in the back of the van

Yep. Still no desire to take my car there thanks.

Utter dickheads most of them.

--

Done.

They seem to think they can corner quicker than a ground effect F1 car.

Dan said...

Yep. Still no desire to take my car there

+1

--

My Flickr

Invisible Speakers

Either most of them are just plain under steering off, or they don't know how to apply some opposite lock.

--

How about not having a sig at all?

I want to go, but watching that makes me think I'll hire something out there.

--

My Glass is always half full

Mito Man said...

Either most of them are just plain under steering off, or they don't know how to apply some opposite lock.

Yeah it is that easy. I am curious, done many track days?

--

My Glass is always half full

4:20

The welds on the outer skin went, typically at the start not the end...soon remedied though, a random failure and the only one. It did have a 200k or so 2.5 in it, totally standard and utterly dependable, now has a 2.8 24v with a 2.5 inlet that's done two 'ring trips so far equally reliably but with a nice bit of extra oomph.

--

A Christ is for life, not just for dogmas.

Get in the back of the van

I'm with Dan. I have no desire to thrash my own car round a track full of nutters who can't drive properly when going fast.
I do have a desire to go on piston heads and buy the shed of the week then drive there with a friend in tow and give the shed hell. If I bin it....who cares scrap it there and come home in the other car.

--

For sure

Mito Man said...

I've said it before but I obviously need to repeat myself: you're at the most dangerous point in your driving career. You've got some experience and you think you know how to drive. But you don't really know shìt and you think you're invincible. We've all been through that phase. What you need is a good crash to knock all that out of you.

--

Out of step with the forum.

NotoriousREV said...

Mito Man said...

What you need is a good crash to knock all that out of you.

Or some tutoring so he can learn how to drive properly on a track.
I wouldn't wish a car crash on anyone. Troll or not.

--

For sure

Seconded.

GT5 != real life.

Ron Burgundy said...

NotoriousREV said...

Mito Man said...

Whatever, hippy.

--

Out of step with the forum.

I have drived at nurburgring in september with a rent car, it's hard very hard, there are a lot of car in the track with drivers very fast that know the track. you are inexpert e you become a mobile chicane for those drivers.
This is an experience that a motorsport fan must to do...

--

IF IN DOUBT, FLAT OUT!!

Ron Burgundy said...

If I bin it....who cares scrap it there and come home in the other car.

Cost of replacing Armco and third party injury could exceed the cost of a sotw by several orders of magnitude...

So glad I scratched my ring itch a decade ago, sounds like TF is a nightmare these days.

RobYob said...

So glad I scratched my ring itch a decade ago

Quote of the Year so far :lol:

NotoriousREV said...

Mito Man said...

I've said it before but I obviously need to repeat myself: you're at the most dangerous point in your driving career. You've got some experience and you think you know how to drive. But you don't really know shìt and you think you're invincible. We've all been through that phase. What you need is a good crash to knock all that out of you.

I've done a couple of skid pan sessions so I'd like to think that I would fare better than some of the guys in that video.

--

How about not having a sig at all?

Its not like we haven't any circuits or track days in this country.....
The ring is fabulous, but its way too risky with no run off areas...

NotoriousREV said...

Ron Burgundy said...

NotoriousREV said...

Mito Man said...

Whatever, hippy.

Peace man

--

For sure

Previous | 123456 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular