Forums > General > Sim card cutters

SIM CARD CUTTERS
Previous | 1 | Next

Because i'm an idiot, i have purchased a std data sim for a new ipad mini.... When it requires a nano sim.

I've contacted the seller to return it, but similar deals on nano-sims are practically non-existant.

At which point sim card cutters caught my eye. like this one.

Reliable? :?

Edit : uchoob vids seem to suggest this is a doddle. Think i'll just get one - unless anyone knows any horror stories?

Updated January 5, 2013 at 1:43 PM

My mate just trimmed his sim down with a pair of scissors, still works fine apparently.

--

I often drive for a road travel

Can't see why not, they're all just cut down versions of the normal size sims.

--

Speed holes.

Regular (mini) SIMs can be trimmed to Micro SIM size very easily.

To trim a Mini or Micro SIM into Nano SIM size requires a steadier hand, and for you to sand the SIM thinner. They are physically thinner than previous models.

I have one just like that for normal to micro. When I got a nano sim from giffgaff, it's just a micro one cut down - nanosim spec is for thinner but it fits in the iPhone 5 (and presumably iPad mini) fine.

Just use a stanley knife and/or scissors.

--

Cheers,

Mike.

Use this - Template

Make sure you print it actual size as you wouldn't like to find out after you have cut the sim that it's too small :lol:

£3 punch arrived.

It works in one squeeze.

That is all.

Previous | 1 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular