Forums > General > Sim card cutters

SIM CARD CUTTERS
Previous | 1 | Next

Because i'm an idiot, i have purchased a std data sim for a new ipad mini.... When it requires a nano sim.

I've contacted the seller to return it, but similar deals on nano-sims are practically non-existant.

At which point sim card cutters caught my eye. like this one.

Reliable? :?

Edit : uchoob vids seem to suggest this is a doddle. Think i'll just get one - unless anyone knows any horror stories?

Updated January 5, 2013 at 1:43 PM

My mate just trimmed his sim down with a pair of scissors, still works fine apparently.

--

In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my intelligence.

Can't see why not, they're all just cut down versions of the normal size sims.

Regular (mini) SIMs can be trimmed to Micro SIM size very easily.

To trim a Mini or Micro SIM into Nano SIM size requires a steadier hand, and for you to sand the SIM thinner. They are physically thinner than previous models.

I have one just like that for normal to micro. When I got a nano sim from giffgaff, it's just a micro one cut down - nanosim spec is for thinner but it fits in the iPhone 5 (and presumably iPad mini) fine.

Just use a stanley knife and/or scissors.

--

Cheers,

Mike.

Use this - Template

Make sure you print it actual size as you wouldn't like to find out after you have cut the sim that it's too small :lol:

£3 punch arrived.

It works in one squeeze.

That is all.

Previous | 1 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular