Forums > Gaming forum > Steam Sales

STEAM SALES
Previous | 1 | Next

Well I think they have been pretty good again this year - I pretty much have a year of games for less than the cost of one new xbox game.

--

Bunta's Tofu

Crysis 2 for £6 and Bastion for £2 bargain.
Mind you I haven't got through the games from the last sale.

Mass effect series was 75% off except annoyingly #3 which is still locked into that horrible origin rubbish.

Sleeping Dogs £2.69

It wasn't that long ago I paid £30 for this on the xbox

Back upto £10 again..

Dont get me wrong, I love my xbox - but Steam is just sooooooo much better imo.

If the Valve box does happen, then I cant see me bothering with another xbox or playstation.

--

Bunta's Tofu

I really need to stop buying games that Steam have on offer - games list is rapidly heading for 100 and I haven't even installed most of them.

Bought SW:KOTOR, Mass Effect 1 & 2, Mark of the Ninja, Bit.Trip.Beat, XCOM, Awesomenauts and probably some more I can't remember, just in the last couple of weeks.

Bunta said...

Well I think they have been pretty good again this year - I pretty much have a year of games for less than the cost of one new xbox game.

Yep, the amount of PC games I can buy during a steam sale for £49 is awesome.

simongardner said...

Bought SW:KOTOR

Rockpapershotgun had a guide to restoring the "losboughntent of KOTOR2 not that long ago.

Nearly bought at £2 it but decided I'm unlikely to have time for a massive RPG for a few years.

Both Batman games complete with all the DLC for less than the price of one xbox DLC pack...

That's it - the xbox is getting sold!

--

Bunta's Tofu

I was quite dissapointed with the Steam sales this year - only bought FC3, nothing else really appealed.

--

ClubLupo
Technomotive - Games, Cars, Stuff

I went a bit overboard - load of software, art programs and a ton of games like FTL, Batman - actually, I cannot remember half the stuff I purchased now. :oops:

--

Bunta's Tofu

Some of my recent spend:

Hotline Miami: £5
FTL: £6
To the Moon: £5
CounterStrike: £10
Borderlands: £5
Binding of Isaac: £4
Batman Arkham City: £7
Torchlight: £3
Limbo £1.50
Fallout: New Vegas: £3.70
STALKER: £3
Dragon Age: £5

Sid Meier's Pirates (2004 version, slightly updated) for £3 is excellent value.

I'd already got most of it, is probably why ;)

FTL is awesome. That's definately a game that needs expanding, and I'm hoping its something Notch has been looking at implementing in 0x10x

Batman Arkham City was one of my most enjoyed games of recent years. Absolutely perfect representation of the Batman universe, the fighting is brilliant versatile yet challenging and you've gotta love Hamill as the Joker. For £5 it was the bargain of the year for me.

--

ClubLupo
Technomotive - Games, Cars, Stuff

Happeens every year...

--

Nuclear Engineer, but hoping to pass my exams and be legally called a Door Supervisor.

MattyB_ said...

FTL is awesome.

If a game was ever suited to be on an iPad it's FTL

Spec Ops The Line is £4.99 today on Steam.

It has some mixed reviews, but one thing they all agree on is how the 2nd half of the game become very powerful in terms of story telling. I've given it a whirl.

I think I am about half way through Spec Ops - nasty, nasty stuff on show and pretty shocking in places.

--

Bunta's Tofu

I got NER NER NER NER BAAAATMAN! For a fiver, its bloody good, specially with the physx stuff on and all the settings wacked up to full.

--

Nuclear Engineer, but hoping to pass my exams and be legally called a Door Supervisor.

Previous | 1 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular