Forums > General > Clarkson after an LFA?

CLARKSON AFTER AN LFA?
Previous | 12 | Next

Highly unlikely to ever happen, I know. But in his page in the latest Top Gear mag, he says he's never wanted to buy a car this much since his 355 and that he's having to fight urges to buy one.. Probably BS but would be cool if he got one.

James May has also bought a 458 but said the updated 12C Spyder was better and he should have waited, or something. Just to let you all know.

Alex88 said...

James May has also bought a 458 but said the updated 12C Spyder was better and he should have waited, or something. Just to let you all know.

Life can be so cruel at times:cry:

I did feel a bit sorry for him :(

strange choice for Clarkson

i couldve commented about what his opinions were on the car but i dont collect top gear magazine or saw his review. it was hammond who tested it on the program. still prefer hammonds garage; morgan, shelby mustang and some sweet harleys :D

In the new series, they are going to America (again) for a road trip. Hammond in a New Viper, May in an Aston Vanquish and Clarkson was suppose to take a F12 but it wasn't available. The only other car dispo was the LFA and he bloody loved it apparently.

Good choice of car if he gets one.

--

Nuts on the road

I (rather shamefully) often find myself in strong agreement with JC when he seriously reviews a car (rather than just trying to score cheap controversy points).

But he's let himself down twice recently, first by naming the appalling GT86 as his car of the year 2012 and now by declaring undying lust for the LFA.

I've driven a BRZ, so can justify my opinion on the Toyobaru somewhat, but I've only sat in an LFA, not driven one yet.
However, my brain simply cannot accept that it is that desirable. The interior is pretty naff, the exterior is meh, the performance is far from class leading (Nurburgring laptime aside).
Sure it makes a cool noise, but as I've said from the beginning, I'd so much rather have a Carrera GT for similar/less money.

And even JC's gushing review of it in the ST concluded that GT-R was "better" IIRC.

--

Share your car adventures.
www.auto-journals.com

Real life with cars

David_Yu said...

GT-R was "better" IIRC.

So that's why you remember :lol:

--

Nuts on the road

focus69 said...

David_Yu said...

GT-R was "better" IIRC.

It's become a standing joke (except he's being serious), but much like Jethro mentioning the GT-R constantly in his M6 video, Clarkson name drops the GT-R in countless reviews, even of cars that are in no way competitors.

Truly bizarre.

--

Share your car adventures.
www.auto-journals.com

Real life with cars

Have you seen his 2012 DVD? He seems to really like the LFA in that; infectiously so - even I ended up wanting one.

Jobbo said...

Have you seen his 2012 DVD? He seems to really like the LFA in that; infectiously so - even I ended up wanting one.

I did:( my car did not come out so well:oops:

--

My Glass is always half full

David_Yu said...

focus69 said...

David_Yu said...

GT-R was "better" IIRC.

It's become a standing joke (except he's being serious), but much like Jethro mentioning the GT-R constantly in his M6 video, Clarkson name drops the GT-R in countless reviews, even of cars that are in no way competitors.

Truly bizarre.

I remember when Hammond tested the LFA and Clarkson snubbed it by saying it wasn't 6 times faster than a GTR.

One thing that really annoyed about Clarkson was the below videos. In the first video, he couldn't be more negative about the GTR if he tried. He says "It keeps on not feeling exciting even when you stand on the throttle and go mad"

Now in the second, he gives it endless praise and says "it feels fan-bleeding-tastic" and about it's lap time, "genuinely staggering"

The first video really got on my nerves. Every other journo since then, including him, has completely disagreed with everything he said.

GTR Hate

GTR Love

Updated January 4, 2013 at 8:00 PM

That is why you should drive em and make your own mind up.

--

My Glass is always half full

I love the LFA drivetrain. Can't agree with the styling on it though.

--

How about not having a sig at all?

Have always thought the LFA looks 8) personally.

--

BMW Car Magazine

ShockDiamonds said...

Have always thought the LFA looks 8) personally.

Agreed, but it has to be in any colour but white.

Love this video of the sound - Click

I find the LFA a pretty impressive package which makes a fantastic noise, but it's not my ideal supercar...

--

Tree Trunks, I'm all jacked up because of you. Look at my jacked up face!

Mito Man said...

I love the LFA drivetrain. Can't agree with the styling on it though.

Apart from a very few exceptions styling has never been a Japanese strong point

I would buy one, in heart beat, if the EuroMillions came in.

The LFA always reminds me of the old Alfa SZ.

Nasty looking things (both the LFA and SZ) but the LFA makes an utterly bonkers noise...

Previous | 12 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular