Forums > General > VW Passat 2.0Tdi Estate - initial thoughts

VW PASSAT 2.0TDI ESTATE - INITIAL THOUGHTS
Previous | 1 | Next

Basically, this in Jet Black:

Initial Pro's

Usual Repmobile stuff - Reasonable levels of kit (Cruise, Sat Nav, IPod etc), mahoooosive space, 50/60 mpg expected. I also like the little down lights under the sills when you unlock.

Initial Con's

Radio is the worst piece of un-intuitive crap I've ever come across in a car - VW's older system was much better IMO - Good stuff like the fact the pre-sets can be set across band (for a single set of stations) is ruined by the fact that the selectors are just numbers with no indicator of the station. I've also decided I don't like Stop / Start anymore. Also, from certain angles and in certain lights, it looks like a hearse :lol:

This car was supposed to be a 2.0TFSi A4 Black Edition but for various reasons I won't go into here, we had to take this instead (A4 will now be next) so, while not what we wanted, if what you want is a car to lug loads for 100K per year, it would be brilliant

Updated January 4, 2013 at 9:58 AM

--

and from the beginning think what may be the end.

Dinny_G said...

...50/60 mpg expected.

Our older version (2006) will do 60mpg on the motorway without trying too hard. It's averaging just over 40mpg on the wife's commute that's a bit start-stop and probably doesn't get over 50mph at any point.

Impressive for such a big car.

--

It's not a Golf | Neither is this | This one's just a posh Beetle

My brother has one of these. Bluemotion?

He easily gets mid 50's MPG, however he drives it.

--

This ^

Yeah probably - delivery mileage at the moment so I'm expecting the current 47mpg to increase especially as she'll be doing most of the driving in it.

--

Same engine as our Tiguan I assume, bit gruff sometimes but impressive pulling power and refined when crusing.

So, how do you end up buying a car you don't want, or is it a company car?

--

Out of step with the forum.

Yeah company car of sorts...

--

Does the stop/start really bother you?

I have a saloon Passat and find it quite un-intrusive.

It only activates when I'm stopped and in neutral, so at junctions or where I'm only going to be stopped a few seconds, I just leave it in gear with the clutch in.

I find it really irritating on my E91 and always deactivate it. If I'm at the lights I don't want to sit there with the clutch in all the time.

McSwede said...

I find it really irritating on my E91 and always deactivate it. If I'm at the lights I don't want to sit there with the clutch in all the time.

So stick it in neutral and let the clutch up. Or is that too obvious? None of the start/stop systems I've used have bothered me once I got over my fear of it not starting, due to years of driving snotters :lol:

--

Out of step with the forum.

NotoriousREV said...

McSwede said...

So stick it in neutral and let the clutch up. Or is that too obvious? None of the start/stop systems I've used have bothered me once I got over my fear of it not starting, due to years of driving snotters :lol:

There's no fear of it not starting I just don't like it hence why I deactivate it on each journey. Even the dealership say they can't permanently deactivate it.

The car's stalled twice which I'm blaming on the stop/start, rather than my inability to mix revs, torque and weight into forward momentum!! :lol:

--

Previous | 1 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular