Forums > General > Twitter

TWITTER
Previous | 123 | Next

I joined this morning, any recommendations of interesting people to follow?

Cheers,
Bryn.

--

Performance Legends

Celebrities or Sad gits ?

Bryn_P said...

Cheers,
Bryn.

No. Cancel your account and go do something better with your time.

Harry M, Dickie Meaden, Chris Harris, JethroB etc.

I follow a handful of f1 drivers, the evo team, Chris Harris, Steve Parrish is occasionally funny, the top gear team, Chris Evans, brundle and David croft, Adam cooper does some good f1 links.

--

Done.

Jonny Smith

It's hard to recommend people 'cos people use Twitter in very different ways. It depends on if you want to interact with people or just "listen" or just "talk" yourself. Start following people that you think might be interesting and don't be afraid to unfollow if they're annoying/boring or whatever and remember you don't have to follow everyone who follows you.

IIRC, Tim and Evana have lists of Evo forum members to make it easy to add "sad gits" (TM Newey) if that floats your boat.

Updated January 4, 2013 at 9:45 AM

--

She's built like a steakhouse but she handles like a bistro.

Sniff Petrol

exiges said...

Bryn_P said...

Cheers,
Bryn.

I'd agree with this.

Joining Twitter without actually having a purpose to be there seems a bit odd to me - an answer to a question you're not actually asking.

A bit like when people buy an iPhone/iPad etc and then ask what they "should" do with it...

I just follow a few people - vast majority are all people I know in the "real" world...

PugRallye2 said...

exiges said...

Bryn_P said...

Cheers,
Bryn.

I'd agree with this.

Joining Twitter without actually having a purpose to be there seems a bit odd to me - an answer to a question you're not actually asking.

A bit like when people buy an iPhone/iPad etc and then ask what they "should" do with it...

I just follow a few people - vast majority are all people I know in the "real" world...

You see that seems odd to me... I talk to people I know in the 'real' world ;)

I joined because the sale of Harry's Zonda seem to be mentioned first on twitter so presumably other such stuff that I find interesting is posted on there. I've followed Harry and some F1 drivers so far. I also had an enquiry about an Alpina from Sytner that came through the Twitter of one of the guys I use for prepping cars, so it may be useful from a business point of view.

Thanks for the suggestions of evo/car related people, that's what I was after.

Cheers,
Bryn.

--

Performance Legends

PugRallye2 said...

exiges said...

Bryn_P said...

Cheers,
Bryn.

I'd agree with this.

So by creating a Twitter account, Bryn is immediately doing it wrong.

Brilliant :lol:

Nick Trott

I talk to people I know in the 'real' world

So do I - but I also really enjoy all the little tid-bits (comments, thoughts, links etc) that they put on Twitter during the day - stuff that would be forgotten/missed otherwise.

And even though I'm far from being a social butterfly, I don't actually have time to talk to all my friends, every day.

I was very late to Twitter myself and it took a while to get used to it's non-conversational feel - it's basically just small statements. But now I do enjoy it...

Will Ferrell posts some funny stuff, if you're into that kind of humour.

Stephen Fry is one of the most followed people on Twitter, so he must post something of interest.

Every newbie gets told to follow Stephen Fry. I found him to be tedious to follow and spammed up my feed too much so I ditched him. See also Ricky Gervais.

--

Try to follow peoples related to your field or interests and and they will follow you back.:)

NotoriousREV said...

Every newbie gets told to follow Stephen Fry. I found him to be tedious to follow and spammed up my feed too much so I ditched him.

Which reminds me, other than w4nking over every Apple product and droning on twitter why the hell was he made the voice of the gadget freak ?

exiges said...

NotoriousREV said...

Every newbie gets told to follow Stephen Fry. I found him to be tedious to follow and spammed up my feed too much so I ditched him.

Which reminds me, other than w4nking over every Apple product and droning on twitter why the hell was he made the voice of the gadget freak ?

Because he's always w4nking over every Apple product and droning on twitter - and that, it seems is what people who like "gadgets" want.

I agree though - the whole "gadget" thing has been dumbed down and made very mainstream.

Time was a programme about "gadgets" would show me totally new and really impressive things. Now they all seem to just recycle whatever mainstream product's on special offer at Comet/Currys/Amazon...

NotoriousREV said...

Every newbie gets told to follow Stephen Fry. I found him to be tedious to follow and spammed up my feed too much so I ditched him. See also Ricky Gervais.

This! 90% of his tweets are drivel.

I barely use Twitter becaue I don't see what it can add to my personal life. However, if I was trying to market a product or service, I would try and utilise it.

--

My Flickr

Invisible Speakers

My use of Twitter is:

- People I know and interact with in real life (2 way comms)
- People I know "online" and interact with on various forums etc. (2 way comms)
- People I don't know who have a shared interest or who interest me in some way (maybe they're funny or whatever) (mostly 1 way comms i.e. reading what they write)
- Celebs/Well known folks/journos whose work I enjoy (mostly 1 way comms)
- Media sources of information/services I'm interested in (1 way comms)
- Companies whose products or services I use, especially ones I want to shout at for being useless

My output is mainly any thought that escapes from my tiny mind, for my own amusement.

--

Previous | 123 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular