Forums > General > FAO Alex

FAO ALEX
Previous | 1 | Next

How is your training regime going?

--

Definition of an optimist… "A person who thinks he can just afford to run a second-hand Aston Martin"

I assume you mean me? ;)

Not great as my gym was closed for 9 days over Christmas for refurbishments. No warning at all so an angry email was sent along with many other members.

Other than that, it's been going well. I didn't eat too badly over Christmas and my diet has been pretty good overall. I've simply replaced the fatty snacks and poor nutritional foods with healthier stuff and essentially, more protein. I've certainly noticed a difference in my overall fitness and strength. At first I could barely lift 15kg on the bench press (not including the bar) and now I can complete 10 reps on 25 so certainly getting there!

One thing that helps a great deal is this - "if you measure it, it will grow"

Simple enough but makes so much sense as seeing improvements is fantastic motivation.

How's your training going?

Keep it up!

I need to hit the gym more as I've had a great festive period of food :lol:.

My local gym was only shut on Xmas day.

Yeah, I meant you;)

Glad to read that you are slowing reaping the gains. Great stuff. There will be days when you won't feel like going to the gym, but you have to push yourself, or you don't like you've had the best work out. But that's part and parcel of it all. Keep it up and keep us posted.

Mine is going very well. Now that I am taking time of work, I am able to step up my training routine. I have begun cutting down on the sugars. Not dramatically, but enough. Right now my main focus is my core strength so I'll working on that for the next few weeks.

Pretty happy with diet, though over xmas I did tuck in a little too merrily:lol:

--

Definition of an optimist… "A person who thinks he can just afford to run a second-hand Aston Martin"

I've gone up 3kg's :(

I will end up losing it in the first week of uni though.

--

How about not having a sig at all?

Alex88 said...

At first I could barely lift 15kg on the bench press (not including the bar) and now I can complete 10 reps on 25 so certainly getting there!

From struggling to bench press 60kgs when I started to go to the gym, 2 years later I could Bench 120kgs for reps (Olympic bar). Not bad I thought for a tad under 12 stone.

Keep at it and surprising just how your strength increases.

Alex88 said...

This is not true for some things:(

Updated January 2, 2013 at 8:58 PM

--

Entirely pointless

_Mick_N said...

Alex88 said...

At first I could barely lift 15kg on the bench press (not including the bar) and now I can complete 10 reps on 25 so certainly getting there!

From struggling to bench press 60kgs when I started to go to the gym, 2 years later I could Bench 120kgs for reps (Olympic bar). Not bad I thought for a tad under 12 stone.

Keep at it and surprising just how your strength increases.

definitely, today I managed almost 5 reps of a total of 80kgs (bar included) so I'm really happy 8) The long term target is 10 of 100kgs.

ukpete said...

Alex88 said...

This is not true for some things:(

:lol:

Previous | 1 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular