Forums > General > K&N filter cleaner / re-oiler

K&N FILTER CLEANER / RE-OILER
Previous | 1 | Next

Anyone ever used this stuff? Easy to do?

Is it just an opportunity to spend £10 in order to accidentally over-oil it and destroy your MAF? :?

( this is the stuff btw )

Is this for the Mikpreza or the Vauxhall Senator?

--

She's built like a steakhouse but she handles like a bistro.

Mikpreza has long since departed.

This is for the Vectra, which has an Orssom OTRCAI fitted to allow you to drive through deeper puddles.

edit : std airbox image below (albeit with the 5hit low-displacement unit Matty uses)

Updated December 30, 2012 at 12:17 PM

mik said...

Anyone ever used this stuff? Easy to do?

Is it just an opportunity to spend £10 in order to accidentally over-oil it and destroy your MAF? :?

( this is the stuff btw )

Easy to do? Yes you just get an achy finger from the pump bottle. Over oiling shouldn't be an issue, as I said, it's a finger operated spray so it's not blasting the oil in and clogging everything. I've got a set I've used twice that you can have if you want as I'm changing my air intake.

Here's what K&N have to say about it.

--

Blimey that's a whopper Mik 8)

Cheers

Steve

Zonda - thanks for the kind offer sir - unfortunately since posting above I've watched a couple of uchoob vids, decided "what could go wrong?" and ordered from the seller I linked to. :roll:

I will let you all know when I need to contact beanydiagnostics.com

Had a K&N on the Toyota for years now, no issues at all. Over-oiling seems to be one of those problems that only exists on the internet, or by retarder people. Anyone with an ounce of grey matter can work out what is a reasonable amount of oil to apply!

JL said...

Had a K&N on the Toyota for years now, no issues at all. Over-oiling seems to be one of those problems that only exists on the internet, or by retarder people. Anyone with an ounce of grey matter can work out what is a reasonable amount of oil to apply!

I also suspect that any case of contaminated MAFs has been due to the use of oiled foam filters, not the cotton type that K&N use.

--

Mik this is starting to sound quite complicated I would advise taking the car to your local OVC.

Cheers

Steve

Updated December 30, 2012 at 1:07 PM

Or rather than spend £10 on cleaning, spend £10 on a new filter and not have to faff with cleaning

Then sell the filter on ebay to someone hoping for brutal 0.026bhp gains

Matt_82_S2 said...

Or rather than spend £10 on cleaning, spend £10 on a new filter and not have to faff with cleaning

Then sell the filter on ebay to someone hoping for brutal 0.026bhp gains

New filter is £35 (assuming you are talking about another k&n.

Existing one is no use to anyone unless they have the Orrssom deep-water-wading kit fitted too.

Updated December 30, 2012 at 1:20 PM

No, a new paper filter. It will help to mop up water too when you do go wading.

My sister is from Morton Baggot direction and has reported all sorts of flooded road fun and being female has even managed to loose undertrays from the underside of her ML

This gets more confusing. My Volvo is missing its undertray, do I need a K&N or paper filter?

K&N on the bottom

How rude. I may be old but I still have control over my bodily functions.

I think this is for wrong forum to be discussing your bottom's oil consumption

I think John is looking for the S&M cleaning / re-oiling kit. Not sure if Tim still stocks it? :?

Cleaning? I used run mine through the dishwasher and then re oil:lol:

--

The Evo forum really is a shadow of its former self. I remember when the internet was for the elite and now they seem to let any spastic on.

IaFG Supercharged Muppet Division

unzippy said...

Cleaning? I used run mine through the dishwasher and then re oil:lol:

And what about your air filter?

--

Previous | 1 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular