Forums > General > Car Wrap help please.

CAR WRAP HELP PLEASE.
Previous | 1 | Next

I want to do a complete wrap on a van with custom picture.
I'm in Bucks, but can't find much anywhere.
Any ideas ?

Has anyone tried to do this DIY ?

--

Congratulations, you came second.

If you wanted to do it yourself, I could print it for you. We don't get involved in wrapping though. You could try someone like pyramid visuals for the full service.

--

Large format print & graphics

Doing a full wrap by yourself must be a real PITA.

--

Nuts on the road

lepetitoeuf said...

If you wanted to do it yourself, I could print it for you. We don't get involved in wrapping though. You could try someone like pyramid visuals for the full service.

Are you in that trade ?

I'm after (don't laugh) a woodland / forrest scene, maybe with little fluffy bunny rabbits, or somthing equally:roll:

PITA, can't be that hard can it, especially on a flat sided van ?

--

focus69 said...

Doing a full wrap by yourself must be a real PITA.

^^ What he said ^^

Probably alot of potential for royally fvcking it up.

doesnt Gwared do this kind of thing?

--

Do not act as if thou wert going to live ten thousand years. Death hangs over thee. While thou livest, while it is in thy power, be good.

Gwaredd does vehicle graphics and sign writing but not full vinyl wraps, IIRC.

--

Out of step with the forum.

No, Rev is correct. I do half wraps & pictures etc, but a full wrap is a PITA.

Too much to go wrong, prep is crucial, the material must be the right kind matched to the right laminate to stay on & ends up being really expensive. Temp for fitting is crucial too as is pre & post heating of the material.

Other than that, it's a piece of piss to fit, that's whay everyone DIY fits these :roll:

:lol:

Many cowboys print & fit for cheap, but it'll be peeling & blowing the recesses in a few days, especially in this temp.

Ask David Yu how much a proper decent wrap should cost.

Updated December 30, 2012 at 10:49 AM

--

Cheers,

Gwaredd

steelesigns.co.uk

Gwaredd said...

No, Rev is correct. I do half wraps & pictures etc, but a full wrap is a PITA.

Too much to go wrong, prep is crucial, the material must be the right kind matched to the right laminate to stay on & ends up being really expensive. Temp for fitting is crucial too as is pre & post heating of the material.

Other than that, it's a piece of piss to fit, that's whay everyone DIY fits these :roll:

:lol:

Many cowboys print & fit for cheap, but it'll be peeling & blowing the recesses in a few days, especially in this temp.

Ask David Yu how much a proper decent wrap should cost.

OK, I'll come clean.....
I want to wrap just the two sides of a caravan,:D:shock::oops::roll:
Can you help ?

--

If it's a dead flat surface (like a sainsburys artic trailer), then yes. You won't even need to print onto a wrap material. The second you start putting it in recesses & trying to bend it round curves, then you get problems.

I use a material called Metamark MD5 for my printing & it's a fab product, although it will be a pig to fit as the adhesive is very grabby.

For DIY fitment on a flat side, you'd want to spec an air release vinyl. This has a special pattern on the glue side of the vinyl that lets you 'chase' all the air bubbles out when fitting. Again, not really for curves etc & is more expensive.

Fitting will be like hanging wallpaper when lining the image up & you'll want a 5 - 15mm overlap on the material.

Cleanliness of the surface is key to it lasting, especially the edges where it stops.

--

Cheers,

Gwaredd

steelesigns.co.uk

Previous | 1 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular