Forums > General > o/t BBC4 now 2000 yr old computer.

O/T BBC4 NOW 2000 YR OLD COMPUTER.
Previous | 1 | Next

Truly amazing. The Greeks managed to build a mechanical device to predict eclipses. Jaw dropping. It'll even predict what colour it'd be.

Updated December 26, 2012 at 7:45 PM

Is that the documentary about the Antikythera mechanism? Seen that before, amazing stuff 8)

--

Speed holes.

Marv said...

Is that the documentary about the Antikythera mechanism? Seen that before, amazing stuff 8)

Yep, that's the one. Apologies, it's not down as a repeat.

No need to apologise, it's a fascinating programme 8)

--

Speed holes.

Did anyone watch that programme of BBC4 on the Dark Ages?

It was presented by a fat polish bloke, but made surprisingly good telly. It was informative without being too academic!

--

Do not act as if thou wert going to live ten thousand years. Death hangs over thee. While thou livest, while it is in thy power, be good.

Is it repeated [again]?

Sounds like my cup of tea.

ETA: found on iPlayer :)

Updated December 26, 2012 at 10:09 PM

--

My Flickr

Invisible Speakers

Thanks for the heads up Speedingfine, I will iPlayer tonight.

Previous | 1 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular