Forums > General > What side of the road should I drive on?

WHAT SIDE OF THE ROAD SHOULD I DRIVE ON?
Previous | 1 | Next

An obvious question perhaps... but look at this picture.

This shows part of the Sherpherd and Flock round-about. I want to go onto (into?) the round-about to visit the Pub.

Should I be driving on the right hand side of the road in the blue circle? It feels like I should. If not, when should I cross onto the left. The red line is my usual driving line.

Could this be the only place in the UK with two way traffic where you drive on the right?

Google Maps
Google Streetview

You drive on the same side of the road as normal, as confirmed by the signs: Streetview clicky

There is actually one place in the UK where you drive on the right: the entrance to the Savoy on the Strand. Streetview clicky

So people exiting the inside of the round about and people entering the inside should be swapping sides?

Yes, quite obviously - just because there are no give way road markings doesn't mean that you change the entire basis of the UK system in that location, particularly when you have signs on both sides of the road confirming it :lol:

I think it only looks/feels strange because the road is so short.

You should drive on whichever side of the road you fucking choose. Don't they know who you are?? :?

Good beer but it's not cheap.

mik said...

You should drive on whichever side of the road you fucking choose. Don't they know who you are?? :?

This

--

I can only please one person a day. Today is not your day and tomorrow don't look good either.

Sideways and upside down on the right, it's the only way to be sure.

--

Stolen Orions on fire off the hard shoulder of the M8. I watched neds litter in the dark near the Tennents shop. All those... moments... will be lost in time, like [coughs] tears... in... rain. Time... to die...

Driving to the pub = DIW :lol:

--

Cheers,

Ian

Because of the crossover one of them (probably the off-slip from the roundabout) should really have give-way markings. Colleague knows that junction well and says it's just very weird to negotiate.

But basically Jobbo is correct.

Updated December 25, 2012 at 1:04 AM

Previous | 1 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular