Forums > General > Are you too sexy for your job ?

ARE YOU TOO SEXY FOR YOUR JOB ?
Previous | 12 | Next

CLICK

An Iowa dentist acted legally in firing a long-time assistant because he - and his wife - viewed the married mother as a threat to their marriage, the all-male Iowa Supreme Court ruled Friday.
The court ruled 7-0 bosses can sack employees they see as an 'irresistible attraction,' even if they have not engaged in flirtatious behavior or otherwise done anything wrong.

Updated December 23, 2012 at 12:21 PM

That's Beany out of a job on Monday morning then.

She worked for him for 10 years, and that's the thanks she gets :roll:

Not sexy. At all.

--

How about not having a sig at all?

That's pathetic - the implication that a man is not able to control himself is really concerning (it reminds me of some retarded "cultures" - that I will not mention for the sake of political correctness).

--

Pilouil
Citroen C3 1.4 HDI 69.0424 bhp

You have to love Americans.

I especially love that he felt compelled to ask his pastor what he should do.

"I get a semi every time my assistant bends over, should I fire the whore?"

--

She's built like a steakhouse but she handles like a bistro.

NotoriousREV said...

"I get a semi every time my assistant bends over, should I fire in the whore?"

--

For sure

NotoriousREV said...

"I get a semi every time my assistant bends over, should I fire into the whore?"

:shock:

That is staggering. She might well be sexy though, she is moderately attractive but sexy and beautiful are VERY different things Mito you chump.

Daddydadbo said...

NotoriousREV said...

"I get a semi every time my assistant bends over, should I fire into the whore?"

:shock:

That is staggering. She might well be sexy though, she is moderately attractive but sexy and beautiful are VERY different things Mito you chump.

There is an echo in here ;)

--

For sure

:roll:

This really could only happen in America. However, following trends, how long until this can happen in the UK?

--

Nuts on the road

focus69 said...

:roll:

This really could only happen in America. However, following trends, how long until this can happen in the UK?

We have human rights and the right to appeal an appeal of an appeal on tax payers money in the UK. We are ok.

Seems sort of reasonable to me. The guy clearly had feelings and both he and his wife saw that he might act on them. What happens if he ignores the issue? He eventually cracks and his wife leaves him, getting half of everything, and his employee sues him for sexual harassment for what's left.

Should he - and all men - be able to control themselves? Certainly. And every single fracking day we read about guys that had a lot more to lose who couldn't, from Bill Clinton to Kobe Bryant to Manchester United, and that's just the newsworthy ones. I'm betting every man here knows someone that screwed up his life thinking with his pecker. It might be time for humanity to lower expectations in this area and plan accordingly.

Updated December 25, 2012 at 1:46 AM

--

Mini Cooper S: + Strong performance, overall feel. - Over-long gearing.
Boxster S:+ Still an impeccable Sports car. - Very little.

epbrown said...

It might be time for humanity to lower expectations in this area and plan accordingly.

Well, we adjust for the lowest common denominator in every other respect, why not in terms of controlling sexual urges, eh?

Lets roll back those rape laws, I couldn't help it officer, she was asking for it!

epbrown said...

Seems sort of reasonable to me. The guy clearly had feelings and both he and his wife saw that he might act on them. What happens if he ignores the issue? He eventually cracks and his wife leaves him, getting half of everything, and his employee sues him for sexual harassment for what's left.

Should he - and all men - be able to control themselves? Certainly. And every single fracking day we read about guys that had a lot more to lose who couldn't, from Bill Clinton to Kobe Bryant to Manchester United, and that's just the newsworthy ones. I'm betting every man here knows someone that screwed up his life thinking with his pecker. It might be time for humanity to lower expectations in this area and plan accordingly.

Is this guy on crack? :lol:

--

securitycheck said...

I love the way that half the people on here design F1 cars for a living. :roll:

Beany said...

Lets roll back those rape laws, I couldn't help it officer, she was asking for it!

And that's different from what rapists say now in what way?

The reading comprehension on this forum sucks so bad. I can't believe people talk about US schools with you guys posting to the internet.

Updated December 25, 2012 at 4:30 AM

--

Mini Cooper S: + Strong performance, overall feel. - Over-long gearing.
Boxster S:+ Still an impeccable Sports car. - Very little.

epbrown said...

Beany said...

And that's different from what rapists say now in what way?

The reading comprehension on this forum sucks so bad. I can't believe people talk about US schools with you guys posting to the internet.

Dude, your opening line is "seems sort of reasonable to me". It's not our education that's the problem here. Please continue to explain how our reading comprehension has misunderstood your support for this guys lack of self-control.

Finding someone attractive is never a good reason to sack them. He doesn't have to act on his urges.

What Beany said is different from what rapists say today in that they're not backed up by law or right-thinking people.

Updated December 25, 2012 at 7:20 AM

--

She's built like a steakhouse but she handles like a bistro.

epbrown said...

The reading comprehension on this forum sucks so bad.

Seems simple to me. Jealous wife gets worried about a work colleague being friendly with her husband. She gets her husband to (very unfairly) fire someone who has provided loyal service for the last 10 years.

It goes to court, stupidity prevails.

God bless America ;)

To answer the original question: obviously.

As for the ensuing contextual debate all I can say: once again it is proven that the US is full of wierdo idiots with a complete mental disconnect from reality.

THREAD CLOSED.

Updated December 25, 2012 at 11:47 AM

--

DeskJockey
---
Now fueled by heavy oil...

While we're sacking people based on appearance, I'm never going to employ anyone black, because they might clash with my showroom layout.

That's perfectly legit, right? :lol:

Beany said...

While we're sacking people based on appearance, I'm never going to employ anyone black, because they might clash with my showroom layout.

That's perfectly legit, right? :lol:

What about albinos? Do Asians get a look in?

Previous | 12 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular