Forums > General > I have an announcement to make

I HAVE AN ANNOUNCEMENT TO MAKE
Previous | 1234 | Next

It's finally time to start looking at 996 Turbos. There's one in the paper I've tried phoning about but no response as yet.

Who would have thought the day would ever come? :lol:

OK, who's logged in as JL thanks to the forum bug?

--

Out of step with the forum.

I don't believe you :lol:

Seriously! Finding a manual one is going to take some doing unfortunately so don't hold your collective breath :lol:

Excellent. Someone needs to redress the plague of Rovers and other toss

--

Cheers,
Mike

NotoriousREV said...

OK, who's logged in as JL thanks to the forum bug?

Yeah, that was me. Too obvious wasn't it.

Will the 911 be the new 3 series? There must be someone getting on every month now!

--

How about not having a sig at all?

JL said...

so don't hold your collective breath :lol:

Too late. Hurry the f4rk up! :oops:

caneswell said...

Excellent. Someone needs to redress the plague of Rovers and other toss

This has been a factor in the decision to proceed - Rovers and hybrids FFS :D

JL said...

It's finally time to start looking at 996 Turbos.

Evonomics requires you to make that a GT2.

You can post photos & a detailed writeup tomorrow after you pick it up :)

--

It's not a Golf | Neither is this | This one's just a posh Beetle

Sundayjumper said...

Evonomics requires you to make that a GT2.

This, definitely 8)

--

Pilouil
Citroen C3 1.4 HDI 69.0424 bhp

I was very underwhelmed when I drove one for the first time recently...

Interesting. Why? I've yet to drive one but have been a passenger in one a few times, there doesn't seem much to dislike about them. LOLbird telling me they're not good on track isn't that big a deal to me.

GT2s are still too much money but yes, obviously that would be betterer.

Well it was undoubtedly very quick.

But it sounded like a domestic appliance and, without being too poncey, it just a bit too easy.

It was intestine to feel the 911 Turbo "balance" - slow in, let the front hook up and then lean on the extraordinary traction from the rear as you exit a corner.

It just felt a little anodyne, I think I would quickly get bored.

Also, an ex of mine ran one for a couple of years. She's pretty well off, but got rid because the running costs were so high. There's no such thing as a cheap epensive car - if you know what I mean. It may be cheap to buy now, but they still (apparently) cost big bucks to own...

I remember Brian's old 355 being so much more entertaining than a 911 Turbo would ever be...

So what is the reason for them being so cheap?

Matt_82_S2 said...

So what is the reason for them being so cheap?

Are they? their prices seem consistent for relatively old used cars (typically with high mileage for sports cars).
A 996 turbo will be about ten years old after all.

--

Pilouil
Citroen C3 1.4 HDI 69.0424 bhp

Interesting stuff Dave - the running costs don't put me off as the M5 was pretty ruinous to run. Anodyne and very fast also appeals, to be honest - I don't actually want a GT3 RS like everyone else on here has. But you've driven one and I haven't, so I'll report back when I finally have!

8) Go for it. What will ir be replacing??? The M5???

--

Nuts on the road

JL said...

I don't actually want a GT3 RS like everyone else on here has.

Who actually owns a GT3 RS on this forum? :lol:

GT3 comfort of some sort is probably the best all round 911, right?

JL said...

Interesting stuff Dave - the running costs don't put me off as the M5 was pretty ruinous to run. Anodyne and very fast also appeals, to be honest - I don't actually want a GT3 RS like everyone else on here has. But you've driven one and I haven't, so I'll report back when I finally have!

No problem...

But like I said, she's not short of a bob or two, and she was stunned by how expensive it was to service etc - but then she may well have been going through the dealer network and you may be able to save some money with an indie?

But for me, the main thing was that it was just a little "meh" - but then I'm not sure what your budget is, and if they are quite reasonably priced, it's a lot of go for your £.

A more rorty exhaust would surely help...

Another thing that struck me was that it made really big speed so easy, that when the car does eventually reach it's limits, I'd be so far beyond mine, that it wouldn't end well.

Be interested to know your thoughts once you've driven one though.

Personally, I'd keep the M5 and get something daft as a second "toy" car...

Previous | 1234 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular