Forums > General > Car suggestions for a friend

CAR SUGGESTIONS FOR A FRIEND
Previous | 12 | Next

Who likes cars.

Limits;

£7.5k
Daily commuter so must be reliable
Two seats acceptable, four better but not essential
Not top whack on insurance (mid 20's male)
No MPG restrictions
Most importantly it has to be fun and relatively quick

He's looking at Civic type R's, Golf GTI's and the current favourite is a Focus ST.

Do your worst.

FFS.

Tell him to drive them all and buy the one he likes.
;)

--

My Flickr

Invisible Speakers

Orange Cola said...

and the current favourite is a Focus ST.

Thread closed!

Within this budget it's also possible to find a Clio 197 or a Megane R26 apparently.

--

Pilouil
Citroen C3 1.4 HDI 69.0424 bhp

I don't think there's any need for me to tell you my recommendation anymore!:)

--

+ Non-limited edition of the Exige 240R
- Uninspiring soundtrack

Dr.(tbc) Alex said...

Orange Cola said...

and the current favourite is a Focus ST.

Thread closed!

My brother has one in Bright Orange :roll:

Anyway reliable, corners well but apart from that not that fast and the traction is awful.

Updated December 22, 2012 at 12:25 PM

Can you get a non-sheddy Elise for that money?

Expensive to insure though ?

Mick, it's going to be his first 200+HP car. Don't think it'll make that much difference!

E46 M3 then, I had a Cerbera in my 20's and wasn't that bad to insure but an Elise was twice to insure as my Jag.

Updated December 22, 2012 at 12:32 PM

_Mick_N said...

E46 M3 then, I had a Cerbera in my 20's and wasn't that bad to insure but an Elise was twice to insure as my Jag.

Good suggestion!

E46 m3

Or threefiddy zee

--

cheers,

Harry

Too many old sheds.

The "friend" is really you, right?

--

Speed holes.

Rumbled :cry:

350Z is another good option.

@ _Mick_N - the traction on ST's not that good? They're fantastic! I'd suggest if your brother's isn't giving good traction he needs some better rubber. Even with a 280bhp remap mine was unstickable, in the dry at least.

--

www.leatherbetter.co.uk
Make imperfect leather brand new again.

Boxster. :)

Everyone knows by now the default suggestion for these things, S2000, 350Z, CTR, E46 M3. 7 and a half bags of sand will get you a nice Impreza, Lancer Evo as well. 8)

--

Stolen Orions on fire off the hard shoulder of the M8. I watched neds litter in the dark near the Tennents shop. All those... moments... will be lost in time, like [coughs] tears... in... rain. Time... to die...

Just found out how cheap a three thirty bee-em is so pointed him that way. Other suggestions are good. The M3 is a bit to insure too.

click

Could be a bit too young for it though.

--

How about not having a sig at all?

Orange Cola said...

Just found out how cheap a three thirty bee-em is so pointed him that way. Other suggestions are good. The M3 is a bit to insure too.

A 330Ci M Sport was such an obvious choice I didn't bother pointing it out :)

ETA: theres an E92 325 se on autotrader for £7800.

Updated December 22, 2012 at 9:02 PM

--

My Flickr

Invisible Speakers

Previous | 12 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular