Forums > General > rowans macca back on the road

ROWANS MACCA BACK ON THE ROAD
Previous | 12 | Next

Just seen a pick on wilton house facebook page... That's been one hell of a long job... Do u think it will be registered cat D??

--

BOOM

Hmmm good to see but one wonder if the few minutes at the 'lympics were probably enough to pay for it...

Won't be a CAT D if he didn't involve his insurance company?

If it's a cat D I certainly won't be buying it.

--

This ^

Had insurance been involved it would have been a CAT C at the very least.

How long before be prangs it again?

Orange Cola said...

Dunno, maybe he should come on here for some driving tips.

He'd be welcomed with open arms, it's got a BMW engine.

--

http://retrotekracing.co.uk

Orange Cola said...

He's had two crashes in 15 years of ownership, I don't think that really justifies insinuating that he's a liability - I'm sure many people on here have at least as bad a record.

Of all the playboys and millionaires out there, Rowan Atkinson is a true car enthusiast, not someone who changes a car after 15 minutes because he's bored, someone who bought the absolute ultimate driver's car (and British to boot), drives it as it was intended to be driven, and shares that experience with other enthusiasts by writing about it.

Glad his F1's back on the road.

It was rebuilt by mclaren themselves. It won't be Cat C or D as it didn't get written off.

--

Strong Broo Racing

Samoht said...

Orange Cola said...

He's had two crashes in 15 years of ownership, I don't think that really justifies insinuating that he's a liability - I'm sure many people on here have at least as bad a record.

Of all the playboys and millionaires out there, Rowan Atkinson is a true car enthusiast, not someone who changes a car after 15 minutes because he's bored, someone who bought the absolute ultimate driver's car (and British to boot), drives it as it was intended to be driven, and shares that experience with other enthusiasts by writing about it.

I concur. +1.

What's a cat D F1 worth to a sweaty trucker?

Handjob?

Sales, you could be teh forum hero here!

--

This ^

That's quite the christmas present :D

Dave!

--

I came here to drink milk and kick ass..... and i've just finished my milk!!!!

Zonda_ said...

in that case, what do you think the equivalent hire car for a macca f1 would have been?

Glad to hear it's back. This car is quite something, and it's nice that it's being driven like it should.

The equivalant hire car would probably have been a 500 Multijet ;)

--

I can only please one person a day. Today is not your day and tomorrow don't look good either.

Zonda_ said...

Unless you're an expert in maclaren f1 values and rebuild costs then you have no idea.

And I very much doubt anyone other than maclaren themselves know how much it would cost. It not the sort of car they send some spod out to cost up repairs parked up outside a grotty backstreet garage.

And I expect maclaren themselves would rather see it rebuilt than written off so could massage the figures a little to keep some distance between the repair and write off costs.

And, as above, we have no idea whether an insurance company was involved at all.

--

cheers,

Harry

Too many old sheds.

Orange Cola said...

Bloke buys supercar and drives it properly but is still DIW according to the Internet. :roll:

--

What's the difference between a BMW and a hedgehog?

integrale_evo said...

Zonda_ said...

Unless you're an expert in maclaren f1 values and rebuild costs then you have no idea.

Surely rebuild costs aren't going to be in the £1m+ bracket, so it's pretty unlikely ever to be written off?

Samoht said...

Orange Cola said...

This ^

--

Cheers,
James

240PP said...

What's a cat D F1 worth to a sweaty trucker?

Handjob?

Sales, you could be teh forum hero here!

Fvck yeah, that's better than whoring myself out on chaturbate for a measly £5 a day.

--

Making pancake mix for your mums pancake tits.

Previous | 12 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular