Forums > Geeks corner > cycling helmets

CYCLING HELMETS
Previous | 1 | Next

My missus has bought me a road bike for Xmas and my mate has been taking the mick out of my gear :(

Why is he laughing at the helmet I use on my mtb?

Updated December 21, 2012 at 8:10 PM

'cause he's exceedingly dull, I would assume. tell him to go and masturbate or something.

Rule number 35

:lol:

I suspect I will be riding alone a great deal.

My helmet has a removable visor - dual purpose !

--

It's not a Golf | Neither is this | This one's just a posh Beetle

Because roadies are cunts.

--

Much blasphemy ensued, and some menace, which I stopped by dismounting and opening the carriage door, and intimating an intention of mending the road with his immediate remains, if he did not hold his tongue. He held it.

JL said...

Because roadies are cunts.

+1

--

If you don't look back after parking your car, you didn't buy the right one

When I cycle out to the trails (over the suspension bridge, I <3 Bristol) every single MTBer says hello. The roadies just look offended if you try to be friendly.

--

Hungry Hungry Hippos at the Ritz champion 2012.

Yep.

--

Much blasphemy ensued, and some menace, which I stopped by dismounting and opening the carriage door, and intimating an intention of mending the road with his immediate remains, if he did not hold his tongue. He held it.

JL said...

Because all cyclists are cunts.

true.

--

cheers,

Harry

Too many old sheds.

edfiasco said...

When I cycle out to the trails (over the suspension bridge, I <3 Bristol) every single MTBer says hello. The roadies just look offended if you try to be friendly.

I've noticed this too. If you've got a puncture or another problem and are in the middle of dealing with it, proper bikers always stop and ask if you need a hand.

Updated December 26, 2012 at 1:33 PM

--

Something witty goes here.....

Jorg Gray Ltd Edition Watch Number : 313631

Roadies are in too much of a rush to stop or be nice. They career past shouting "THIS ISSS STRRAAAAAA-VAAAAAAAAA".

Yep visors are a no no on the road :lol:

My S3 has a removable visor for the odd occasion I venture off road.

Also, I always get a cheery nod from other roadies around here, you get the odd ignorant one who is obviously trying to be KOM on a Strava stage or something but generally everyone says hello or nods.

My cycling mate (and boss) had just come off his bike when he hit a patch of sand on the corner just after a side-road crossing on one of the local cycle tracks. The lovely friendly roadies who went by a minute later all took time out of their day to shout at us for stopping in a stupid place.

Cunts.

They didn't even have the bottle to stand up for themselves when we had a word with them back at the carpark, fucking pricks.

--

JL said...

My cycling mate (and boss) had just come off his bike when he hit a patch of sand on the corner just after a side-road crossing on one of the local cycle tracks. The lovely friendly roadies who went by a minute later all took time out of their day to shout at us for stopping in a stupid place.

Cunts.

They didn't even have the bottle to stand up for themselves when we had a word with them back at the carpark, fucking pricks.

:lol:

--

M235i -- DCR, no dogging privacy glass, carbon manuel knob and a straight steering wheel

this is very good for us.
We need to wear helmet on cycle.
bali skin clinic

Whenever i am out on my mountain bike and come across any roadie on their own they always nod hello, however when they are in a group of three or more their competitiveness with each other probably gets the better of them and they barely acknowledge me as anything other than an obstacle in their way.

--

Power is nothing without control.

Previous | 1 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular