Forums > General > New Car – it’s grey, very grey

NEW CAR – IT’S GREY, VERY GREY
Previous | 123 | Next

Just to redress the balance of new cars being bought on the site back towards the evo side of things.

I’ve been bugging the wife for a few months now to let me buy a new car, finally she relented and agreed. Her only stipulation was that it needed to have back seats for our 20 month old son and enough room for all his stuff. In other words, a nice family car.

Here’s what I came home with

It’s an 05 registered 911 Carrera 2 S and it complies to all the wife’s stipulations. :D
Plenty of room in the back to fit in my son’s Reccaro child seat. His buggy fits without an issue and there is more than enough space to fit in the weekly shopping or all the stuff required for a week’s holiday. So for all those people buying people carriers for one child, here is proof that you don’t need to neuter yourself , you can have a Evo car and have room for the kid :lol: (good luck convincing the missus though)

Finally someone's bought a decent car!

--

Jobbo said...

Rev is correct, of course

Looks great, much £?

Good choice - I will be interested in the running costs as these seems to be a bit of a bargain at the moment.

It cost 20K although it is quite high on the mileage front (90k) that said it's got a full OPC service history and came with a year's warranty. It's also just had new tyres, brake pads and clutch. I did a bit of research on the dealer before I bought it and it turns out he has a very good rep (Northways Porsche) This was born out when I went to visit him, top service and very knowledgeable. Was heartened to see him turn away business from a guy who had mixed up his service intervals and turned up a year early, many places would have just taken the business, these guys just went through the service history with the owner and explained what was required.

Running costs – not had her for long but with a mixture of motorway cruising and heavy footed b road blasts I’m getting about 23MPG.

Updated December 21, 2012 at 12:18 PM

Finally, someone's bought something I'd rather drive than my rover :lol:

--

cheers,

Harry

Too many old sheds.

Nice. Which recaro child seat do you have?

--

Ben

Lovely - those wheels are correctness IMO too!

--

Cheers

Rich

As sad as it sounds, I'd quite like to see pics of the seat and buggy installed :oops:

--

cheers,

Harry

Too many old sheds.

Very nice 8)

I'm sure he's not crying his eyes out, but that looks a lot better to my eyes than the other poster's recently bought silver 997 with the Turbo wheels. Sorry, whatever your name is :(

Looks more blue than grey?

Nice car 8)

And congrats on redressing the balance - I'll be doing my bit for that also tomorrow morning with a new addition to the fleet :D

Cheers,
Bryn.

--

Performance Legends

Matt Sketch said...

Just to redress the balance of new cars being bought on the site back towards the evo side of things.

I’ve been bugging the wife for a few months now to let me buy a new car, finally she relented and agreed. Her only stipulation was that it needed to have back seats for our 20 month old son and enough room for all his stuff. In other words, a nice family car.

Here’s what I came home with

It’s an 05 registered 911 Carrera 2 S and it complies to all the wife’s stipulations. :D
Plenty of room in the back to fit in my son’s Reccaro child seat. His buggy fits without an issue and there is more than enough space to fit in the weekly shopping or all the stuff required for a week’s holiday. So for all those people buying people carriers for one child, here is proof that you don’t need to neuter yourself , you can have a Evo car and have room for the kid :lol: (good luck convincing the missus though)

Everything you say is correct. I've said to my wife I want my next car to be a 997, once the young one is big enough to crawl in. I'd like to think the amount of crap needed to carry around will reduce slightly, at least long enough to own a 911.

Though with my wife's stuff (I should clarify) we filled my old 320d to the brim for a week long holiday - that was before the kid arrived.

Reminds me of the family car I saw at VMax when I went. A 996 GT2 that hit over 200mph, baby-seat (but not baby) installed in the back.

Pics of it with buggy + back carrier + change bag + a week's shopping + baby seat + a couple of squishy bags please :D

--

JonMad said...

Pics of it with buggy + back carrier + change bag + a week's shopping + baby seat + a couple of squishy bags please :D

I'd like to see that too, and one just before you depart on your week's holiday :D.

Lovely car, really like the colour. 8)

and a christmas tree in there too

--

Matt Sketch said...

Best news of 2012 :lol: Superb looking car, well done!

What do your friends and family think, though?

--

My Flickr

Invisible Speakers

Don't forget, you can always remove the rear seat backrest, ot the whole thing to create more room for a childseat.

So long as the belts are holding it in tight and secure you don't need the actual seats.

Updated December 21, 2012 at 1:18 PM

--

Impreza WRX STi Spec-C V-Limited Toshi Arai Edition/ GTR/ Panda 100HP Pandamonium/ 320d MSport

That is accountant spec and therefore just as bad as recent forum purchases.

How anyone can go into a Porker dealer and not get a GT3 RS is beyond me.

Noobs the lot of you.

;)

--

Bunta's Tofu

I’ll post pics of car seat, buggy and luggage once I’ve taken them but to give you an idea.
Car seat (Reccaro Young sport) behind the passenger seat, I’ve not attempted to take the rear seat back out yet as their seems to be enough room already. I’ll probably look to do it as the little one gets bigger.
Buggy strapped in the seat behind the driver.
Luggage, tons of room in the boot (bonnet) I was surprised just how much stuff you can get in the boot, plus the confused look on people’s faces when you start putting your shopping in what would normally be the engine bay is priceless. There is also a fair bit of room behind the rear seats over the engine for stuff as well.

Bunta – yeah sorry about that but the wife stipulated rear seats which ruled out the GT3 RS and as everybody on this site knows, when supermodels don’t get their own way, they can be a bit of a nightmare ;)

Previous | 123 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular