Forums > General > Car SAD

CAR SAD
Previous | 1 | Next

Anybody else's car suffering from winter blues? For the last couple of years, once the temperature drops, the central locking on my 01 Focus stops working as it should by leaving the driver's door unlocked. The traction control also goes a bit beserk, cutting in during low speed left turns - car parks mainly! Once the spring comes, all is generally well!

--

My car blog http://wheelnutter.blogspot.co.uk/

throw a few antidepressants in with the next refill

xenon light level sensor went last night! Means they are locked in lowest position and are rubbish!

At least I can get another easily this time, last time it went they were going bust and you couldn't get the [arts for love nor money!

Major problem with the MG.

Occasionally when I stop and get out of the car, the interior courtesy light doesn't come on until I shut the door after getting out, rather than when I open it.

This mainly seems to happen on Tuesdays .

--

Impreza WRX STi Spec-C V-Limited Toshi Arai Edition/ GTR/ Panda 100HP Pandamonium/ 320d MSport

My rear tires stop gripping...

--

Cheers

Rich

This weather is why I bought mine, it barges through standing water and grey weather without a care. Long may it continue. Or at least until I can get something fun.

There appears to be a number of cars driving around with only one working headlight.

wheelnutter said...

Anybody else's car suffering from winter blues? For the last couple of years, once the temperature drops, the central locking on my 01 Focus stops working as it should by leaving the driver's door unlocked. The traction control also goes a bit beserk, cutting in during low speed left turns - car parks mainly! Once the spring comes, all is generally well!

spray gun oil into the lock

--

Whiskey is my yoga

Gearbox won't go into reverse when cold :(

Take's about 20 tries to get it.

--

How about not having a sig at all?

Mito Man said...

Gearbox won't go into reverse when cold :(

Take's about 20 tries to get it.

Shove it in a forward gear opposite reverse first. Seems to help on some cars.

Or keep it pulled over towards reverse and very gently ease off the clutch and it'll slip straight in. Too heavy on the clutch and it'll grind like you're a learner spaz :lol:

The only problem with the e36 at the moment is that I seem to be steering the wrong way a lot more than usual.

The golfs locks usually become temperamental from December till march, but after a complete strip clean and regrease of the handles locks and latches seem to be ok so far.

The main issue seems to be that I can't be arsed to get out there and do anything to any of them.

--

cheers,

Harry

Too many old sheds.

Reverse is to the right of 6th on my car. It tends to squeal like a baby when it goes in wrong :lol:

My previous gearbox didn't do this at all yet the new one which is uprated does :?

--

Mark BT52 said...

Major problem with the MG.

Occasionally when I stop and get out of the car, I look back & think "OMFG what have I done?"

EFA

;)

--

Cheers,

Gwaredd

steelesigns.co.uk

Rich B said...

:lol:

That's not strictly limited to winter though is it.
My M3 seemed to have that issue until the day I sold it, in fact on the final drive before I handed it over to the dealer it seemed to get a lot worse. At one point I think I saw some smoke.

Rich B said...

:D

--

Sisu said...

wheelnutter said...

Worth a shot. Ta.

--

wheelnutter said...

Sisu said...

wheelnutter said...

Worth a shot. Ta.

:lol:

Mito Man said...

Reverse is to the right of 6th on my car. It tends to squeal like a baby when it goes in wrong :lol:

My previous gearbox didn't do this at all yet the new one which is uprated does :?

Could be the linkage needs adjusting. Either that or its Fvcked.

--

Strong Broo Racing

Most (cheap) gearboxes don't lock into reverse when it's cold, either selecting neutral and releasing the clutch and trying again or sticking it in second and trying again usually works.

Going to try that next time, thanks.

--

Previous | 1 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular