Forums > Moaning forum > Cost of visa

COST OF VISA
Previous | 1 | Next

I need an exchange visitors visa to enter the US next month for an internship. So here's the list of the costs:

* Initial fee: £112
* Interview fee: £104
* The premium line call to book the interview (in London): ~£30
* 4 visa photos: £7
* Locker to keep bags and phones etc since they're not allowed in the Embassy: £9
* I forgot cars keys were electronic: £3
* Secure delivery of passp0rt : £21

And travelling cost:

* Virgin from Glasgow Central to Euston: £103
* Taxi fares: ~£10
* Underground: £7

Not to mention that I was too tight to book a hotel room so slept on the freezing cold benches at King's Cross with a bunch a mentals.

£400+ lighter for what seems a 5 minute interview + 1 hours of waiting, I got a visa to enter the US of A. But, I did get to see London at Xmas, in the p1ssing rain :roll::lol:.

Dr.(tbc) Alex said...

Not to mention that I was too tight to book a hotel room so slept on the freezing cold benches at King's Cross with a bunch a mentals.

:shock:

I paid £30 for a room in the Travelodge at Kings Cross a few years ago; I know the price varies a lot day to day but there is no f---ing way I'd try to sleep on a bench there.

--

JL said...

Oh b*llocks you're right

Where will you be working ?

Jobbo said...

Dr.(tbc) Alex said...

:shock:

I paid £30 for a room in the Travelodge at Kings Cross a few years ago; I know the price varies a lot day to day but there is no f---ing way I'd try to sleep on a bench there.

The cheapest room I could find was £80 but in hindsight it was probably worth it. That really was the longest 10 hours ever.

I'm going to New Jeresy, Florham Park to work for AT&T.

Updated December 20, 2012 at 10:30 AM

you are lucky they didn't ask you to get a medical as well

Well congrats on the internship at least. :lol:

Previous | 1 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular