Forums > General > Hot Hatch Which One ?

HOT HATCH WHICH ONE ?
Previous | 12 | Next

Hello all,

I am currently running a Clio Dynamique 65 diesel, yes i know nothing spectacular but cheap. I currently have about 7k and saving every month for a hot hatch. I travel about 800 miles a month and also get money to cover most of those miles. I am undecided on what car to buy. In the past i have had a e46 M3 and Subaru Sti,so i love my cars and a true pertol head and since my job included jumping out of airoplanes i love a thrill. im looking at a Clio 200 cup,MK v golf GTI,Megane R26 F1,possible a Seat Cupra Mini Cooper S,EP3 Civic type R,DC5 Integra. Size is not a issue as i have a C-Max for the family. Fuel costs aint a massive issue as from the cars i have listed, i would like to keep it above 25MPG motorway driving.

Any help would be great other ideas welcome,what are your thought troops.

2 of these threads in 1 day? :?

Golf GTi

If most of your fuel costs are covered by work and you already have a family car, why not get something a bit more exotic than a hot hatch? Honda S2000, Nissan 350Z, BMW Z4 3.0, Porsche Boxster can all be had for the around the £7,000 mark.

If you must go for a hot hatch get a Clio 200, Megane R26 or a Civic Type R.

--

Stolen Orions on fire off the hard shoulder of the M8. I watched neds litter in the dark near the Tennents shop. All those... moments... will be lost in time, like [coughs] tears... in... rain. Time... to die...

Alex88 said...

TWO?! Someone call the moderator.

Z4 et al is a good shout for that budget. Nothing more to add.

Fvck it, get an Elise.

--

This ^

240PP said...

Alex88 said...

TWO?! Someone call the moderator.

Z4 et al is a good shout for that budget. Nothing more to add.

Fvck it, get an Elise.

I mean 2 threads with almost identical content in one day. Just had a hint of spambot in it to me, but the text doesn't read that way.. Maybe just a coincidence.

Alex88.

Look mate unless you got some good thoughts to my thread, do me a favour and stop using this thread.

To add to my thread what about saving for a little longer for a MK 2 RS.

Drive them all and choose the one you prefer ?

_Mick_N said...

Drive them all and choose the one you prefer ?

Don't be so bloody stupid Mick, that would never work

If it's a fun second car you're after then what about an Elise??? Below is an example......

For your driving pleasure

Isn't any hot hatch going to be feel a bit limp after an M3 and STi? Any particular reasons for specifically wanting one?

The mileage I cover now I just get enough money for the fuel in the 1.5 clio. So don't want anything like the m3 or Sti, as the fuel prices will shoot thought the roof, bottom line it's the agreement me and the wife have got haha. But yes very good point they will all feel quite limp, that's why a fun car is on the cards. Cheers.

Kev-Casey said...

Alex88.

Look mate unless you got some good thoughts to my thread, do me a favour and stop using this thread.

Bit harsh there fella. Alex is one of the good guys and we have been inundated with spambots of late.

As to your choice, Type R is a ncie car but it is massively different to a Leon Cupra. If it a lot of motorway miles you presumably want some comfort too? What about a nice leftfield C30 T5 or Focus ST and a mountune fettle?

As you don't appear to be age limited on the choice what about an EK9 Civic?

Carl.

Kev-Casey said...

The mileage I cover now I just get enough money for the fuel in the 1.5 clio. So don't want anything like the m3 or Sti, as the fuel prices will shoot thought the roof, bottom line it's the agreement me and the wife have got haha. But yes very good point they will all feel quite limp, that's why a fun car is on the cards. Cheers.

Fair enough mate - if it was my money it would always be a Golf GTi, just wouldn't be able to think of a reason not to.

Kev-Casey said...

and since my job included jumping out of airoplanes i love a thrill.

:shock:

But yeah, boring but default choice from me to: Golf GTI.

--

3 - 2 - 1 - Go.................

Kev-Casey said...

Alex88.

Kev,

As Daddydadbo said, we've had a ton of spambots on here so don't get all offended. Particularly when you've never contributed to this forum before then randomly come seeking car advice. So apologies if my suspicions offended you ;)

This was posted before your thread:

I'll make this brief as possible. Will be in Europe for 18 months. Get company car(LHD). Would prefer something I can't get in North America. RenaultSport Megane, Skoda Yeti(1.8 turbo),Seat Leon Cupra, Mazda CX-5(173hp diesel), Ford Focus ST. I cycle, hike and surf. Wouldn't mind 30 mpg(U.S. gallon)on the highway. Or, I bring something uncommon over there, (Mustang GT et al). Will be parked outside, and driven many miles throughout Europe. Thoughts?

Updated December 20, 2012 at 9:43 AM

JL said...

Kev-Casey said...

Fair enough mate - if it was my money it would always be a Golf GTi, just wouldn't be able to think of a reason not to.

Personally I can't think of a reason why anyone would...
Why choose one over the competition?

--

Impreza WRX STi Spec-C V-Limited Toshi Arai Edition/ GTR/ Panda 100HP Pandamonium/ 316d

With a name like Kev, what about a Corsa VXR ? a cracking little car.

Over the generations the Golf GTI has become fat and quiet - to me it's not even remotely hot anymore.
It's probably a good small family car with decent performance but does not answer the question.
The RS Clio or Megane are more relevant IMHO.

--

Pilouil
Citroen C3 1.4 HDI 69.0424 bhp

Previous | 12 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular