Forums > General > WTF?

WTF?
Previous | 1 | Next

Golden Eagle tries snatching toddler - :shock::shock::shock:

--

Definition of an optimist… "A person who thinks he can just afford to run a second-hand Aston Martin"

Crikey! It really gives you a sense of what big buggers they are. I bet the parent fair shat himself too.

I know. I saw one at the Oban Highland Games this summer and the handler was struggling to carry the bugger:shock:

--

Definition of an optimist… "A person who thinks he can just afford to run a second-hand Aston Martin"

Oh, Emm, Gee

Tory what ho chaps eagle "cull" shoot announced in 3... 2... 1....

--

Knackered old hairdresser's sh1tter

This will do re-introduction programs no good at all :(

--

and from the beginning think what may be the end.

Yoinks. :shock:

Wife & eldest sprog saw one tucking into a lamb it had killed in a quiet field near to Dunoon a couple of years back. They stopped (cycling) as they thought it was a fox sitting up.... until it spread it's wings and flew off.

Big bugg4rs indeed, and I'm sure that will be a "once in a lifetime" memory for them.

FAKE

--

If it is a fake, is it's size still in proportion in the video? Though as Mik says, if it's basically a flying fox, feck :shock:

nuttinnew said...

If it is a fake, is it's size still in proportion in the video? Though as Mik says, if it's basically a flying fox, feck :shock:

Wingspan up to 2.34m, so easily in proportion! In fact, I'm guessing it could be a bit bigger.

--

+ Non-limited edition of the Exige 240R
- Uninspiring soundtrack

Yeah definitely fake once you see the close up (clue, the kid is suspended in mid-air for awhile once dropped), but very well done.

One dusky evening I was leaning over the front of my Caterham with the garage door open and I suddenly felt a sharp grabbing at the back of my hair, which was then swiftly followed by a fvcking-great hawk of some kind flying into my garage, doing a swift u-turn mid-air and flying away.

Truly the most bizarre thing I have ever experienced.

Updated December 19, 2012 at 1:53 PM

--

Tim

Toyota. Flat Cap. Grey Slacks. Slipons. Slower than everyone.

Some Eagles are big, people.

They weigh a fair bit as well!

Updated December 19, 2012 at 1:59 PM

duncs500 said...

nuttinnew said...

Wingspan up to 2.34m, so easily in proportion! In fact, I'm guessing it could be a bit bigger.

Yep, just having a read on Wiki and saw this pic;

Look at the size of it's talons!

It reminds me of this.

Updated December 19, 2012 at 2:04 PM

Lucky that the first ever attempt to carry off a toddler by an Eagle was caught on camera?

I have been dive bombed by Arctic Terns and that was unpleasant but at least they didn't have claws! :shock:

Although I suspect it's a fake as people have said, I don't think it's CGI, any artifacts seen are just part of a poor quality video I think. I prefer the school of thought that there's a falconer around, and the "kid" is a dummy. Certainly "easier" to fake that I'd have thought.

Updated December 19, 2012 at 2:41 PM

_ said...

Although I suspect it's a fake as people have said, I don't think it's CGI, any artifacts seen are just part of a poor quality video I think. I prefer the school of thought that there's a falconer around, and the "kid" is a dummy. Certainly "easier" to fake that I'd have thought.

So someone has trained a big eagle to pick up an object that looks like a small child! What a tw-at!

--

Cheers,

Ian

Consistent reporting from the Mail :lol:

--

I often drive for a road travel

CONFIRMED FAKE

--

Oh well... Still freaky though!

--

Previous | 1 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular