Forums > Moaning forum > BT

BT
Previous | 12 | Next

Ordered two phone lines to be activated at our new offices (the lines are there, they just need switching on)

How long do you reckon we'll have to wait ? 6 fvcking weeks.

Jesus wept.

They're probably not allowed to make the changes themselves, and have to raise an RFC with a 3rd party, who will incorporate it into the next maintenance release. This after being given the scripts in the first place, then arguing the toss until it goes out of SLA.

--

Knackered old hairdresser's sh1tter

Wonderful, meanwhile we have no phones.

OK, so after much teddy throwing, they've moved the date forward to Dec 31st.

Yes, I am pressings the button now, sir.

--

Knackered old hairdresser's sh1tter

BT came out and removed for the grand sum of £0 the old (redundant) line we had at the back of the house - running directly over the roof (?) of the conservatory we had built.

I hadn't contacted them for > 1yr as I assumed they'd charge a fortune. :lol:

exiges said...

"Is there anything else I can help you with?"

"You haven't helped me with anything yet"

--

She's built like a steakhouse but she handles like a bistro.

NotoriousREV said...

exiges said...

Oh my God that drives me fucking nuts when they say that.

They're coming to do our broadband on Friday, what are the odds of us having broadband over Christmas?

--

+ Non-limited edition of the Exige 240R
- Uninspiring soundtrack

duncs500 said...

They're coming to do our broadband on Friday, what are the odds of us having broadband over Christmas?

IME they will set it all up and tell you that your broadband will be online and working in the next couple of hours. This translates as it will be activated in 30 working days :lol:

--

How about not having a sig at all?

exiges said...

OK, so after much teddy throwing, they've moved the date forward to Dec 31st.

I hate BT. Last time they gave us an installation date, it wasn't actually an installation date, but an 'earliest point an engineer might come out and suck through his teeth' date.

--

Food | Large format print & graphics

NotoriousREV said...

I was grateful for Virgin saying this after they'd agreed to send out replacement PSUs for my Tivo and router. If the lady on the phone hadn't asked, I'd have forgotten to
have a rant at them about the price increases, which led to her instead reducing my monthly cost :D

We has issues with BT, so emailed David Livingston.

His email address is very easy to figure out.

The issue which had been going on for weeks, was sorted within a couple of days.

--

http://www.flickr.com/photos/carolineccb/

carolineccb1 said...

The issue which had been going on for weeks, was sorted within a couple of days.

Especially impressive when it's Ian Livingston ;)

--

Chief Wheel and Cake Monkey - Strong Broo Racing

nefarious_ said...

carolineccb1 said...

Especially impressive when it's Ian Livingston ;)

:lol: Yep - I'm an idiot :D

--

http://www.flickr.com/photos/carolineccb/

I did the ian livingston email thing when I had issues with them when I moved, he did sort it within a few hours.

I believe he no longer runs the show though?

--

Done.

exiges said...

Ordered two phone lines to be activated at our new offices (the lines are there, they just need switching on)

How long do you reckon we'll have to wait ? 6 fvcking weeks.

Jesus wept.

I fvcking hated dealing with BT to get ISDN and Redcare lines in. We have no account manager, so you'd just have to deal with the phone monkeys.

Lead time on ISDN lines was 3 months :roll:

And trying to get Redcare lines in would lead to totally different answers from each phone monkey.

Then when the BT guy came to install them, if he didn't get told exactly what was happening as soon as he walked in the door, he'd just end up slapping phone boxes whereever was most convinient for him at the time.

--

ClubLupo

Dan said...

I did the ian livingston email thing when I had issues with them when I moved, he did sort it within a few hours.

Me too. I sent a really arsey email detailing the long and drawn out issues I was having with them. The next morning they called and the following day an engineer turned up and rectified things pronto and free of charge.

JL said...

NotoriousREV said...

exiges said...

Oh my God that drives me fucking nuts when they say that.

Our I.T department use the lovely phrase "I am very pleased to tell you that I cannot take this issue any further so the case is now closed" well thanks a lot numb nuts I'll inform the customer you're pleased u can do f*ck all for them...

Dan said...

Just in the process of doing an org chart for BT Group, so can confirm, that, yes, he very much still runs the show.

Other important/senior people for sorting stuff like this if you want the "go straight to the top" strategy are: Gavin Patterson (Chief Exec of BT Retail), John Petter (MD of BT Consumer) and Warren Buckley (MD of group customer service).

If it's a netowrk issue, you want Liv Garfield (Chief exec or Openreach) or Bill Murphy (MD of Next-Generation Access)

Updated December 20, 2012 at 7:54 AM

--

Chief Wheel and Cake Monkey - Strong Broo Racing

Previous | 12 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular