Forums > General > Aston V12= 2 Merc V6's trussed up with rubber bands.

ASTON V12= 2 MERC V6'S TRUSSED UP WITH RUBBER BANDS.
Previous | 12 | Next

Yep

Should be better than 2 Mondeo 6's.:D

securitycheck said...

Yep

Should be better than 2 Mondeo 6's.:D

De-Barried

--

Impreza WRX STi Spec-C V-Limited Toshi Arai Edition/ GTR/ Panda 100HP Pandamonium/ 316d

While the current V12 might not please the purists,put a Mercedes engine in an Aston Martin and you will totally destroy the brand:cry:

p7ulg said...

While the current V12 might not please the purists,put a Mercedes engine in an Aston Martin and you will totally destroy the brand:cry:

:?:

--

+ Non-limited edition of the Exige 240R
- Uninspiring soundtrack

p7ulg said...

Yes they might start working and be quick which seems to fly in the face of their history.

--

How are you doing? Is you good becos' I want to know.

Will they start being well put together and reliable?

--

Romantic BDSM

Gloucester's answer to Eddie Jordan

Pagani copes pretty well with having Mercedes engines so I don't see why it would be a problem for Aston... Rolls-Royce have BMW engines and Bentley have VW engines and they don't seem to be concerned either.

--

Pilouil
Citroen C3 1.4 HDI 69.0424 bhp

Change the exhaust note and no one will care.

pilouil said...

Pagani copes pretty well with having Mercedes engines so I don't see why it would be a problem for Aston... Rolls-Royce have BMW engines and Bentley have VW engines and they don't seem to be concerned either.

The Macca F1 one had a BMW lump too.

Its a fact that as a small player, various parts need to be 'outsourced'. Saying that, I know Lambo do their own engines, but will there come a time when they'll be re-worked VW lumps?

Good news, lets hope it comes to fruition!

--

Cheers,
Mike

I'm fed up with AM bringing new cars out with a v12 with 10 more or 10 less horse power every time. I'd like to see them on a dyno. I bet they all produce the same stats. Different cars, different engines

--

For sure

Merc V8 and V12s are stonking engines. This could be a very good thing 8)

The reason it works so well for Pagani is that they have been using AMG engines from day one. I suspect Lamborghini will continue to make their own engines with a little help from VAG with regards to emissions and such. VAG seem to understand hwo important it is for Lamborghini to keep their identity. Though they were pretty close to purchasing the Audi V8 when commissioning a Lambo-bambino.

With regards to Aston. An AMG pairing may work if the parent company understands brand identity.

--

Tree Trunks, I'm all jacked up because of you. Look at my jacked up face!

duncs500 said...

p7ulg said...

:?:

When Ford bought Aston Martin, they bought into a totally different type of car to ones they were famous for producing.It was therefore envisaged that they would not stamp the Ford brand on AM, but use their substantial might to allow their continued production.On top of this while they are are anything but, Ford are perceived as British by most people.So it was pretty much business as usual.

Should Mercedes/ AMG take over AM , I rather fear they will be swallowed up into an existing luxury car brand and will end up ultimately as nothing more than AMG Coupés

p7ulg said...

Should Mercedes/ AMG take over AM , I rather fear they will be swallowed up into an existing luxury car brand and will end up ultimately as nothing more than AMG Coupés

No one is talking about Mercedes buying Aston Martin though, just supplying engines. Which they have done for other small volume car makers in the past.

Updated December 19, 2012 at 11:06 AM

--

In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my intelligence.

Do people seriously care about engines? As long as it sounds good, produces a shitload of power and doesn't break it could be made by fvcking Trabant for all I care.

AMG may finally bring a necessary level of Power to AM cars. They've always been underpowered really for the money / class

--

and from the beginning think what may be the end.

JL said...

Do people seriously care about engines? As long as it sounds good, produces a shitload of power and doesn't break it could be made by fvcking Trabant for all I care.

I quite like the idea of an aircooled, 2 stroke 3.6 litre V12.

--

What's the difference between a BMW and a hedgehog?

zedleg said...

p7ulg said...

No one is talking about Mercedes buying Aston Martin though, just supplying engines. Which they have done for other small volume car makers in the past.

Once they started supplying engines, do you not think they would be looking to take it further? Unlike the smaller niche companies AM does have world domination on it's agenda and would slot in with the Mercedes/AMG persona.

AMG - 8)

--

Tree Trunks, I'm all jacked up because of you. Look at my jacked up face!

Previous | 12 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular