Forums > General > A proper job(bo colourscheme)

A PROPER JOB(BO COLOURSCHEME)
Previous | 1 | Next

Went to test drive and M135i last week at Park Lane (possibly the worst place to test drive a performance car but a good representation of where it would be spending a lot of time) and spotted the most Jobson of new cars I have seen for a long time.

Frozen bronze 640D Gran Coupe with a two tone bronze and creme leather interior, with bronze alcantara headlining and milky way coloured wood! Was north of £100k with the options fitted and colour scheme aside, was a stunning looking car. Total lack of lateral support from the seats which was disappointing as they looked fantastic.

There was also a dealer special 'chrome bullet' wrapped M3 with M stripes.

Nice M135i behind. Test drove a black 5 door auto and might well be ordering one very soon. My heart tells me a used E90 M3 or C63 is a better option, but given how much time I spend crawling around London, I'm not sure I could stomach the fuel bills.

--

Don't play with a girl's heart, it's easily broken and she only has one. Play with her boobs instead, they're bouncy and she has two of those.

That was the launch interior for the 6-series Gran Sport. Quite marmite... perhaps unsurprisingly, I like it :D

I love that interior a lot.

My lotto s65 would have the black and white designo interior

--

and from the beginning think what may be the end.

I am lovin' that!!! The exterior colour and interior trim look fantastic.

Don't mind that, but the steering wheel looks wrong IMO.

--

Cheers,

Ian

Yep - needs to be two tone too

--

and from the beginning think what may be the end.

The six series interior works rather nicely and oddly looks tasty too, kind of biscuity, this head cold is having an odd effect on me!

Love the interior!

Did you get above 30mph in the M135i? Can you elaborate on your min review a bit more?

--

My Flickr

Invisible Speakers

Audio_Chris said...

Went to test drive and M135i last week at Park Lane (possibly the worst place to test drive a performance car but a good representation of where it would be spending a lot of time) and spotted the most Jobson of new cars I have seen for a long time.

Frozen bronze 640D Gran Coupe with a two tone bronze and creme leather interior, with bronze alcantara headlining and milky way coloured wood! Was north of £100k with the options fitted and colour scheme aside, was a stunning looking car. Total lack of lateral support from the seats which was disappointing as they looked fantastic.

There was also a dealer special 'chrome bullet' wrapped M3 with M stripes.

Nice M135i behind. Test drove a black 5 door auto and might well be ordering one very soon. My heart tells me a used E90 M3 or C63 is a better option, but given how much time I spend crawling around London, I'm not sure I could stomach the fuel bills.

Chris, I'm taking some of my friends up to Park Lane this weekend potentially. If you can remember, could you tell me what was in the Aston, BMW i showroom etc. Would be a great help as it saves me finding out the stock ;)

--

Cheers,
James

That 6 series is 8) I normally hate coloured steering wheels but in this case I agree black looks really out of place and boring.

As an aside, I thoroughly approve of the term "proper 'bo interior" as a reference to Jobbo interior :lol:

--

Gloucestershire Wedding Photography
Family Portraits Cheltenham

I suspect both cars are reflecting the taste of their customer base ?!.

Don't mind the 640 though. Their frozen grey is even better.

Alan said...

Don't mind the 640 though. Their frozen grey is even better.

Till it gets scratched and the whole panel needs a full respray. By no-one but BMW. No touch ups on that paint AFAIK.

I'm quite a fan of Jobbo interior usually (My ACS M3 was 2 tone grey, my E92 coupe had red leather and the mini has toffee and black leather) but this really was just a bit too much in the flesh - the wood was hideous - white with a puke coloured grain effect!

Frozen bronze paintwork was nice though and the general fit and finish of the interior was stunning - did feel a very special place to be. B&O sound system too which is a first for BMW I think?

Matt - M135i - really was too slow and short a drive to comment properly but I'll go back at a weekend to drive some more. Interior was a big step up from both the old 130i (mine was mega specced too but just plasticky) and an E92 in terms of materials and general feel. Very comfy seats but the usual slightly over fat wheel.

Steering was very light at low speeds and I didn't get chance to try it much at higher speeds.

8 speed box was fantastic in regular and sport mode, and felt like a DCT in manual with a very quick throttle blip on the downshifts.

Stop start which works well in the manual mini, was quite jerky on the auto if you tried to get away smartly so I think I'd be switching it off.

Exhaust was more muted than I expected even when I briefly have it some beans - from memory the E92 335i sounded a little fruitier.

Did get up onto the westway but as it was torrential rain, couldn't go too crazy! Engine felt very powerful with no real discernible turbo lag - crept up to 85 leptons remarkably easily.

Ride massively better than my old 130i (which didn't have runflats). Unsure if the demo car did but it didn't have adaptive damping and I don't think I'd bother paying for it as the ride was perfectly fine on the London potholes and I won't be doing any trackdays sadly.

First impressions overall were very favourable - I'd possibly place and order based on that drive alone as it represents at least 75% of the driving I'll be using the car for and it was very happy in that environment although
suspect a 125d would be equally, hence why I think I need a proper test drive (and of an M3 and C63 too) to see if it'll be worth it!

It was showing an average of 22mpg when I hopped in but the chap did say that it had just been booted up and down Park Lane for the last 200 miles! Will reset the computer if I take it out again.

Twinturbot - the main dealership had those cars above, an X6M and M6 convertible in along with a full size replice of a DTM car. Didn't go into the i-dealer but they had an i8 and i3 in when I last drove past.

Aston had a pair of Cygnets and a generic Aston of some sort and Bob Forstner had a Zonda (think it's one with the roof scoop) and a Koennigsegg.

Am there again on Wednesday so I'll try and have a better look as I drive past.

Updated December 17, 2012 at 11:08 PM

--

Don't play with a girl's heart, it's easily broken and she only has one. Play with her boobs instead, they're bouncy and she has two of those.

Audio_Chris said...

I had a nose around that last week, it's a striking looking thing.

DaveD said...

That 6 series is 8) I normally hate coloured steering wheels but in this case I agree black looks really out of place and boring.

As an aside, I thoroughly approve of the term "proper 'bo interior" as a reference to Jobbo interior :lol:

I thoroughly approve of the entire content of that post.

Sounds better than our day there.

Go with dad to BMW park lane. Look at a concept car which looks like a melted plastic washing machine. Puts a deposit down on it (i3).

I reckon he will come to his senses and spend the money on twin supercharging the M5 which he has been going on about for a while.

--

How about not having a sig at all?

The Gran Coupe is a gorgeous piece of kit 8)

--

BMW Car Magazine

Previous | 1 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular