Forums > General > E46 M3 should the Steveo buy one will it fit in his garage

E46 M3 SHOULD THE STEVEO BUY ONE WILL IT FIT IN HIS GARAGE
Previous | 123 | Next

Your car do the wing mirros totally fold in ?

Do you know how much wider the doors actually open compared to an E46 saloon please ?

Cheers

Steve

Updated December 17, 2012 at 7:50 PM

Coupe and convertible E46s (including the M3) had different mirror folding mechanisms to the saloon - they rotate upwards and look stupid. Though if you need them to fit in your garage, fair enough :D

That does look stupid I love it 8)

Cheers

Steve

Makes it easier to check your hair when you've got out though.

Getting out is what this thread is concerned with.

Cheers

Steve

Get one with folding rear seats, Steveo. Then you can do the boot exit thing.

I'm not as young as I once was Jobbo. I'd like to exit my vehicle in a more conventional manner henceforth.

Cheers

Steve

I don't have swanky folding mirrors on mine - they do move ( the wrong way) but you have to push them hard by hand - the shame...

Doors are long, but they are frameless, so you could easily climb out with the window down, thus avoiding the sharp corner aimed at your heart, then press the lock button to put them up.

--

Cheers

Rich

Thanks trying to avoid any acrobatics this time round though.

Anyone got any reliable sites for the dimensions of E36 and E46 M3's which isn't car folio.

Cheers

Steve

Auto Trader quote dimensions; they say 1780mm for the E46 M3 but it's not clear whether that includes mirrors. However, I have an E46 Touring brochure here which says 1739mm without mirrors and 1932mm with. I doubt the standard bodied coupe is notably different, and the M3 doesn't have wider mirror mounting points than standard.

On a related note, I was in my brothers 330d yesterday, its a lovely car, but the non-M mirrors are horrific! They look like Tupperware boxes!

--

Cheers

Rich

I may ask the fine people of Pistonheads whether any of them park an M3 in a garage smaller than my own modest little affair.

Cheers

Steve

Also I want the new car in bright yellow so if you see an E46 M3 manual (is yours manual Rich ? ) in yellow for sale for under 8k please let me know

Cheers

Steve

_Steveo_ said...

Also I want the new car in bright yellow so if you see an E46 M3 manual (is yours manual Rich ? ) in yellow for sale for under 8k please let me know

Cheers

Steve

yep, manual, carbon black with imola red inside.

Excuse for photos AGAIN....!

--

Cheers

Rich

Do they all have electic seats? Manually sliding seats mean you can slide them right back which makes getting out of longer coupe doors a lot easier.

Probably take forever if they're electric and like any oter electric seats I've used.

--

cheers,

Harry

Too many old sheds.

Yeah the 928's are slow would prefer manual ones

Love the interior Rich very in your face 8)

Cheers

Steve

Updated December 17, 2012 at 7:24 PM

Sorry to hear that you're thinking of getting a BMW again, Steveo.

Fed up with being better than everyone else Marv.

Cheers

Steve

Hi Steveo, I have a lovely low mileage example of the rare and exclusive e36 m3 saloon in a fetching shade of blue with the correct ( non folding ) m3 wing mirrors for sale. Only £5995 to you.

--

cheers,

Harry

Too many old sheds.

Oh one other thing does it remember ive disabled the traction control or do I need to disable it each time I start it

Cheers

Steve

Previous | 123 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular