Forums > Any other business > BBC Sports Personality of the Year

BBC SPORTS PERSONALITY OF THE YEAR
Previous | 1234567 | Next

Very enjoyable show this evening.

And from a personal perspective, kudos for including a hero of mine, Paidi O'Se, in the "stars no longer with us" tribute. He only died this weekend. I know GAA is popular up north but to incude him was a lovely touch.

and in a great year for sport, the right winner IMO

Updated December 16, 2012 at 10:48 PM

--

and from the beginning think what may be the end.

Wiggo's speech was funny.

Nice side on bottom curviness comparison when Ennis met Middleton.

--

My Flickr

DSP Active Speakers

Totally forgot about this, a worthy winner 8)

Great winner and great speech.

I loved his wife's reaction when he took the microphone :lol:

I couldn't make my mind up who to vote for, Wiggins is a worthy winner 8)

Interm's of personalities what a contrast between Bradley Wiggins and the 1986 winner Nigel Mansell.

mattcambs said...

The woman made a negative comment on the Ennis arse in that dress. Thought it best not to reply. ;) 8)8)

Been a superb year for sport, hard to choose between any of the top 5.

mattcambs said...

TTIWWP

--

Yeti 1.2 / Golf R / could it get more evo?

Pleased to see Bradley Wiggins pick up the trophy.But so much competition and some great contenders, like Mo Farrah a double gold medal winner , who missed out completely! Just a great year for British sport, it will be interesting to watch the programme next year.

Not sure how Andy Murray qualified in a competition with "Personality" in the title;)

Updated December 17, 2012 at 10:50 AM

p7ulg said...

Pleased to see Bradley Wiggins pick up the trophy.But so much competition and some great contenders, like Mo Farrah a double gold medal winner , who missed out completely! Just a great year for British sport, it will be interesting to watch the programme next year.

Not sure how Andy Murray qualified in a competition with "Personality" in the title;)

In past years, I guess there was always a stand out, but being such a good year, loads were always going to miss out.

I did enjoy Wiggo's speech though :D and what happened to Lennox? I think he just enjoyed being on TV again :D

JonMad said...

mattcambs said...

TTIWWP

Hellz yeah - Jess FTMFW 8)

--

Much blasphemy ensued, and some menace, which I stopped by dismounting and opening the carriage door, and intimating an intention of mending the road with his immediate remains, if he did not hold his tongue. He held it.

p7ulg said...

Surly is a personality type...

In reality, it's the public choice for Sports Person of the year, not the "personality of the year"

--

Yes that always bothered me actually - I don't care about a sportsman's personality.

--

Much blasphemy ensued, and some menace, which I stopped by dismounting and opening the carriage door, and intimating an intention of mending the road with his immediate remains, if he did not hold his tongue. He held it.

JL said...

JonMad said...

mattcambs said...

TTIWWP

Hellz yeah - Jess FTMFW 8)

Just don't look above the waist.

Really? I'd lick her clean from head to toe after each event if I could raise the money to allow me to do so.

--

JL said...

Really? I'd lick her clean from head to toe after each event if I could raise the money to allow me to do so.

Restrain this man:lol:

--

McSwede said...

Never realised Gilles was a Southern fanny though. He seemed like such a decent chap. I shall eye him with suspicion from this day forth ;)

I would show Ennis what a sprint finish looks like.

--

How are you doing? Is you good becos' I want to know.

I loved the fact all the kickballists on Tw8tter were up in arms as there were no nominations.

Yeah there's a reason for that when we've been swamped by actual sports people worthy of their title this year... :roll:

--

Tim

Skoda. Honda (broken). Ducati (broken).

Messi could have been in with a shout for Oversees Personality, given the year he's had but in this year, other than that, you're right - on-one deserved a nomination

Updated December 17, 2012 at 4:57 PM

--

Previous | 1234567 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular