Forums > Moaning forum > ANPR

ANPR
Previous | 1 | Next

Nice to see they've been installed in our car park so now you no longer need to have a card to enter it. They've got rid of all the parking permit cards.

Only problem is that the ANPR unit is on the right of the entrance and exits and the number plate on Mito is offset to the left. Clearly this doesn't work.

So far the solutions from the management office have been to drive in and out in reverse and/or relocate my front number plate. I sh1t you not :roll:

--

How about not having a sig at all?

I regularly have arguments with our office building security muppet.

He confronted me at my car the other day saying the car wasn't on the system (I'd followed another car into the car park). I argued that it had been on for the last 3 months but I had to go back to his desk with him to check.

He shows me the screen on the computer system. On it, there's the screen grab of my car clearly showing the plate, below it the reg the computer "read". It wasn't even close to my reg. I pointed this out and he looked at me and snarled "clean your number plate".

:roll:

--

She's built like a steakhouse but she handles like a bistro.

NotoriousREV said...

I regularly have arguments with our office building security muppet.

He confronted me at my car the other day saying the car wasn't on the system (I'd followed another car into the car park). I argued that it had been on for the last 3 months but I had to go back to his desk with him to check.

He shows me the screen on the computer system. On it, there's the screen grab of my car clearly showing the plate, below it the reg the computer "read". It wasn't even close to my reg. I pointed this out and he looked at me and snarled "clean your number plate".

:roll:

gives great faith to the suggestion that this is going to replace the old fashioned tax disc too

I finally p1ssed off the staff so much that they came down and closed a lane and spent 10 minutes trying to find a way to get the camera to read my plate.
Looks like I need to turn right full lock about 3 metres before it so that I'm basically on the curb for it to work, then I can reverse back off and go. FFS.

I wonder what all the Arabs will do with their imported cars which have foreign plates or no front plates at all. I reckon they will at least have to relocate the cameras so they read your plate from the rear. All this so that we don't have to open our window to insert a card into the machine... How lazy are some fvcking people?!

--

And what about if anyone using the carpark has a motorbike, no front plate on them!

--

www.leatherbetter.co.uk
Make imperfect leather brand new again.

Should just be moved to the back then. I've used them at air ports, to be more accurate I've failed to use them. The first bit of condensation on the lens and they're fvcked.

The barriers are not that wide so motorbikes, bicycles and pedestrians can get past without it annoying them.

Just walked the dogs now and some woman was smashing her horn waiting for someone to go round and manually open the barrier :lol:
It seems really hit and miss, it only works with my parents cars half the time and clearly others are having issues. I wonder if they will relocate the ANPR :lol:

--

toll roads o'er here are dont with a little dongle thingy you stick to the inside of your windscreen, and sensors @ the start of tunnels/bridges/whatevers. kind of like a mega-oyster-card.

why not do that? still wireless, still easy, and if it can identify my car @ 62mph, it can identify yours sitting in front of a gate...

Mito Man said...

I wonder what all the Arabs will do with their imported cars which have foreign plates or no front plates at all.

Technically they should have fitted a temporary plate, as it's not legal to have no plate or Arabic fonts.

Q-Plates

Updated December 17, 2012 at 4:58 PM

ilmostro said...

Mito Man said...

I wonder what all the Arabs will do with their imported cars which have foreign plates or no front plates at all.

Technically they should have fitted a temporary plate, as it's not legal to have no plate or Arabic fonts.

That only counts for cars registered in this country. Visiting cars won't need to do anything but (IIRC) if the car is in the country for more than 6 months, it needs to be officially imported.

--

She's built like a steakhouse but she handles like a bistro.

NotoriousREV said...

ilmostro said...

Mito Man said...

That only counts for cars registered in this country. Visiting cars won't need to do anything but (IIRC) if the car is in the country for more than 6 months, it needs to be officially imported.

This is what it says:

"When you need ‘Q’ number plates

You must get temporary ‘Q’ number plates if you visit the UK for up to 6 months and either of the following apply:

* your number plates display numbers and/or letters that aren’t identifiable in the UK (eg Arabic script)

* your vehicle isn’t registered in its home country "

So I read that as they should have Q Plates? I guess Mitoboy is the legal 'expert' :lol:

Updated December 17, 2012 at 5:27 PM

They won't be able to get in and out of the car park with their foreign plates too easily. They've just chucked/abandoned their Supercars at the car end of the garage till they come back in Easter next year.
I don't think they give a crap about getting Q plates :lol:

Wish I had that kind of money.

--

Previous | 1 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular