Forums > General > F10 520d short review

F10 520D SHORT REVIEW
Previous | 1 | Next

Quiet, comfortable, 38mpg on a mostly rural 15 mile test drive. Very refined but the standard steering wheel is horrible. Love the rest of the interior though. Brakes quite grabby at first but then got used to them. Still hate auto stop start. Efficient dynamics gubbins in dash cluster interesting to glance at. List of £30k plus change to which I've managed to add £7k of options (comfort seats and pro nav being the biggies). Is a question of when and not if. Suits my hassle free and good mpg requirements.

--

BMW Car Magazine

would make a great everyday car as an estate. How much better do you reckon the 530d or 535d feels ?

Drove the 530d when the F10 was new. IIRC was similar just more grunt not sure that's helpful :) never driven the 535d version of the F10 is out of my price range these days (had an E60 version a few years ago).

--

BMW Car Magazine

How's the gearchange?

--

Entirely pointless

I got about 38mpg out of an F10 530d over a couple of days. Surprised the 520 isn't better.

ukpete said...

How's the gearchange?

I would imagine extremely smooth.

--

My Flickr

Invisible Speakers

You can get 40mpg with a 35d in a x5 if you drive carefully enough and do mainly motorway miles... Fuel consumption doesn't mean much on its own...

--

How about not having a sig at all?

Mito Man said...

You can get 40mpg with a 35d in a x5 if you drive carefully enough and do mainly motorway miles... Fuel consumption doesn't mean much on its own...

You can get 50mpg on the motorway in a 530d; but as I said, over 2 days (and not my car, so I was giving it some stick to try it out) I got the same economy as SD got from a 520d. I doubt you'd get any worse from a 530d than 38, based on my usage.

It was the auto :) Although I'll be having the manual ;) Would rather spend the money on comfort seats and not the 'box. The 'Drive Performance Control' was an interesting curio with a subtle effect on the throttle response and steering weight, but does nothing to the passive dampers of course unless one spends nearly £1k on the dynamic option. Which I won't be doing. As with the auto, will be spending the money elsewhere.

--

BMW Car Magazine

Alan said...

would make a great everyday car as an estate.

The Touring in Sport trim is just a great looking car. I'll take one in White please. 8)

Mito Man said...

Fuel consumption doesn't mean much on its own...

Mito Man talks good common sense.

Bandido said...

Mito Man said...

Fuel consumption doesn't mean much on its own...

Mito Man talks good common sense.

And a broken clock tells the correct time at least once a day.

Doesn't mean much on it's own... ;)

Previous | 1 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular