Forums > General > *UPDATED * Some good motorsport TV over christmas, maybe? *UPDATED*

*UPDATED * SOME GOOD MOTORSPORT TV OVER CHRISTMAS, MAYBE? *UPDATED*
Previous | 12 | Next

Documentaries on Moss, McRae and Stewart on BBC2:

BBC Two will broadcast a new series which follows three high-profile celebrity motorsport enthusiasts as they retrace the steps of Great British racing legends.

Racing Legends will see celebrity motorsport fans Sir Patrick Stewart, Sir Chris Hoy and James Martin pay tribute to Sir Stirling Moss, Colin McRae and Sir Jackie Stewart by spending time with them and the people who knew them best.

Through a combination of revealing interviews and fascinating archive footage, each celebrity will learn about the vehicles they drove and the engineering they employed, to understand what put them in pole position.

Each programme will focus on the celebrities ultimate mission: to emulate the legend by re-enacting one of their greatest-ever races, in a rare classic car. With the original team of mechanics re-assembled, and the racetracks re-opened, this is the enthusiasts’ opportunity to remind the world just how special the racing legend really was.

Episode 2 – Colin McRae | Friday 28 December – 8pm – BBC Two

Olympic hero Sir Chris Hoy tells the story of Britain’s first-ever World Rally Champion, Colin McRae.

Along with Colin’s father, Jimmy – himself a five-time British Rally Champion – Sir Chris visits the scenes of Colin’s greatest triumphs. From exploring Colin’s roots as a Scottish trials bikes champ to driving the route of the Dakar rally over the dunes of the Sahara desert, Sir Chris retraces Colin’s wide-ranging career.

His father Jimmy speaks movingly about the tragic accident that claimed his son’s life, and the pride he has in his many successes. Finally, Sir Chris faces driving the iconic Subaru Impreza over a stage of the RAC Rally, home of Colin’s famous 1995 victory.

http://www.touchline.tv/tv/motorsport/celebrities-pay-tribute-to-racing-legends-on-bbc-two

Updated January 17, 2013 at 8:57 PM

Yep. Looking forward to this....

Bumped for Ravi ;)

Cheers, well spotted, I usually end up missing these sort of programmes 8)

Yep, I'm going to be watching those8)

--

Tree Trunks, I'm all jacked up because of you. Look at my jacked up face!

Boom!

On in 13 minutes!

Fantastic! 8)

--

Entirely pointless

Superb, Very enjoyable

I didn't realise that Moss had twisted Enzo's arm into giving him (and Rob Walker) factory cars to run, just before his big accident.

Great documentary, ISTR that Moss drove a 250SWB in Rob Walker colours at the Mille Miglia...strange they didn't mention that?

Good to hear that Patrick Stewart is into motor-racing and classic cars. I didn't know he was.

The Jackie Stewart documentary is on tomorrow now, according to the voice-over at the end of the Moss docu. I presume the McRae documentary will be swapped?

Marv said...

Bumped for Ravi ;)

If only someone would do an ongoing thread about future TV stuff...;)

--

Waiting for the Technological Singularity.

ilmostro said...

Marv said...

Bumped for Ravi ;)

If only someone would do an ongoing thread about future TV stuff...;)

That bump pre-dates you creating the ongoing fred....

Updated December 27, 2012 at 10:43 PM

Fair enough, I just spotted that! :oops:

--

Waiting for the Technological Singularity.

;)

It was very good, sat down and watched it with a few beers and you could tell Stewart was about to burst with excitement when he saw the SL Gullwing. I'm looking forward to the next one tomorrow night, but I'm look forward to the Mcrae one the most. After all, Colin Mcrae was the first real hero I had, I don't count Senna as I didn't come to truly appreciate the phenomenal talent that Senna was until I was a teen.

Updated December 28, 2012 at 12:17 AM

--

Stolen Orions on fire off the hard shoulder of the M8. I watched neds litter in the dark near the Tennents shop. All those... moments... will be lost in time, like [coughs] tears... in... rain. Time... to die...

Recorded and still to watch, but did have a glimpse of that well known Motorsport "oracle" Jake Humphries making a comment in the opening few minutes.Hoping this does not set the tone for the series:shock:

Just watched it on iplayer; what an excellent hour of television. 8)

djchocice said...

....I'm look forward to the Mcrae one the most. After all, Colin Mcrae was the first real hero I had, I don't count Senna as I didn't come to truly appreciate the phenomenal talent that Senna was until I was a teen.

+1 I was a Prost man back in the day. :oops:

--

Kintegra y0!

James Martin - a presenter who seemingly can't actually say "formula 1"..

"Formulee one"...

Annoying.

--

Cheers

Rich

Rich B said...

James Martin - a presenter who seemingly can't actually say "formula 1"..

"Formulee one"...

Annoying.

I made a similar comment on Twitter that got favourited and retweeted a fair bit. I really fucking hate James Martin.

--

Jobbo said...

Rev is correct, of course

Again, another part missed by whoever made the documentary. Strange they only briefly mentioned Stewart GP. They did pretty well while they were in F1. (aren't they now Red Bull?)

I agree, very weird that James Martin can't pronounce Formula One correctly.

There again, one person on Twitter thinks that Suffolk is a western county ;)

That person probably doesn't know where Suffolk is.

--

Jobbo said...

Rev is correct, of course

Previous | 12 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular