Forums > General > Suggest me a first car

SUGGEST ME A FIRST CAR
Previous | 1234567 | Next

Worked my ass off to get some capital in the bank, now I've got that I'm hoping to spend it on my first car.

Budget is £2000, that's what I want to spend on the car as I've saved some for insurance (parents are paying the rest for Christmas)

Links would be preferable too

Oh and definitely not an F40 and nothing I have to use revels to haggle with!

--

Cheers,
James

My Mercedes E220 W124 auto. You can't crash it! Errr, not really, just reversed it in to a tree :-S

TwinTurbot said...

Oh and definitely not an F40 and nothing I have to use revels to haggle with!

Diesel Golf then!

;)

Seriously - I think insurance is going to be the biggest factor in this decision.

I'd be mainly looking at MX5s if I had £2k I wanted to spend on a car, will you be driving long distances or need practicality though?

--

Entirely pointless

Many possible choices (many not very sensible):
280 bhp Toyota MR-2
280 bhp Jaguar S-Type
270 bhp Saab 9-3
228 bhp BMW 330i Touring
217 bhp Fiat Turbo Coupe
180 bhp Skoda Octavia VR-S
And if you're desperate you could even get a 123 bhp Ford Puma :lol:

--

Pilouil
Citroen C3 1.4 HDI 69.0424 bhp

You won't be able to insure any of the cars mentioned. Get a Ka or a Fiesta.

--

just the tip

Seat Ibiza 1.2. Had a couple of these as courtesy cars. Woefully slow but revvy as a revvy thing and quite fun to chuck about. Vw bits underneath so fairly reliable.

--

Strong Broo Racing

one of the newly passed lads on boatshoes got an old jag insured for about half the price of a corsa

--

Making pancake mix on your mums pancake tits

WIBBLE

zedleg said...

Much as I like the Ka I'd avoid them. Rust buckets. Sister in law has a sport Ka on an 05 plate which is already rusting right around the filler cap.

--

Strong Broo Racing

Suzuki Ignis 8)

One of the youngsters on here had one recently and it sounded great fun.

scotta said...

zedleg said...

Much as I like the Ka I'd avoid them. Rust buckets. Sister in law has a sport Ka on an 05 plate which is already rusting right around the filler cap.

They do tend to rust quick, but if that's the case, buy a cheaper one and just scrap it once it gets too bad ;)

James i'd look for several cars:

Nissan micra- not that inspiring but very cheap to run and reasonable decent to drive

Fiesta- i've got a MK6 and its lovely!

Skoda Fabia VRS diesel- i looked at one when i was shopping around october last year and the engine was absolutely great!

--

Do not act as if thou wert going to live ten thousand years. Death hangs over thee. While thou livest, while it is in thy power, be good.

carlos said...

Suzuki Ignis 8)

This is a good shout as is the MX5. I've no idea what insurance would be like on either though.

carlos said...

Suzuki Ignis 8)

One of the youngsters on here had one recently and it sounded great fun.

That was my thought too:

Clicky...get Alex88 on the case to insure it

--

Cheers,
Mike

E Class advert W124

Lupo 1.4

--

cheers,

Harry

Too many old sheds.

Don't get a MX5. Road trips are much better when you can have more than 1 passenger.

--

How about not having a sig at all?

Eric Pisch said...

one of the newly passed lads on boatshoes got an old jag insured for about half the price of a corsa

While I wouldn't recommend an old Jag necessarily, Eric's point is valid - find something which isn't normally driven by new drivers and the risk profile is likely to be quite good, so it's surprising what can be cheap to insure. So I'd suggest running quotes on absolutely everything you could possibly fancy within budget.

Fiesta Zetec s.

If you can, get a puma. If not a ka or a fiesta. The rest will probably break the bank.

Previous | 1234567 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular