Forums > General > Google Maps for iPhone is back

GOOGLE MAPS FOR IPHONE IS BACK
Previous | 12 | Next

I am very happy about this. It's also completely revamped with some cool new features. Thank you Google 8)

Interesting. This was the main reason I wasn't upgrading.

Are they charging for it?

I've just downloaded the google maps app for iPhone after nearly snapping my iphone in half at frustration with the Apple Maps app.

Example today. I was trying to find Sydenham, London. It's a real place that has a real tube stop of the same name, yet Apple Maps can't find it. It really doesn't seem to think it exists. It takes me to Sydenham Lane, which is outside of London, or I can go to Colin Sydenham on Chancery Lane. Just not Sydenham.

I realise that trying to prevent a trip to Sydenham could enrich my life in the long term, but it's not much use as I actually NEED to go there.

--

Food | Large format print & graphics

carlos said...

Are they charging for it?

Nope, but quite frankly they could put it up at £25 and I'd have paid it. No adverts either.

lepetitoeuf said...

I've just downloaded the google maps app for iPhone after nearly snapping my iphone in half at frustration with the Apple Maps app.

Example today. I was trying to find Sydenham, London. It's a real place that has a real tube stop of the same name, yet Apple Maps can't find it. It really doesn't seem to think it exists. It takes me to Sydenham Lane, which is outside of London, or I can go to Colin Sydenham on Chancery Lane. Just not Sydenham.

I realise that trying to prevent a trip to Sydenham could enrich my life in the long term, but it's not much use as I actually NEED to go there.

I had taken to searching for a postcode in the main Google app, and then searching for the postcode in Apple Maps (or, more commonly actually, in Waze). Postcodes seems to be the only thing that Apple Maps can reliable get right.

Glad that kerfuffle is no longer necessary.

All hail the king! :twisted:

i cant find it in the app store >.<

--

Making pancake mix on your mums pancake tits

WIBBLE

Eric Pisch said...

I searched for "Google Maps" and it was the 4th or 5th app shown.

Some people have said you should search for "Google, Inc" to find it.

Eric Pisch said...

Type 'google maps app' into google and click the very top link.

--

_ said...

I had taken to searching for a postcode in the main Google app, and then searching for the postcode in Apple Maps (or, more commonly actually, in Waze). Postcodes seems to be the only thing that Apple Maps can reliable get right.

Glad that kerfuffle is no longer necessary.

All hail the king! :twisted:

True, but even that doesn't always work unless you have a complete postcode. You can't search for just an area like SE26, it won't recognise that either.

I'm definitely defaulting to Google Maps now.

--

John said...

It was the only reason I didn't upgrade.

Thanks - just down-loaded!

lepetitoeuf said...

I'm definitely defaulting to Google Maps now.

Can you set it so that Google Maps is the default maps app? I assume not, but it would be lovely if you could.

Finally I can upgrade to iOS6, though I'm going to wait a few days just in case any horror stories come out.

Can't find it :(

lepetitoeuf said...

Eric Pisch said...

Type 'google maps app' into google and click the very top link.

iphone only hence i cant find it on my ipad :)

--

Making pancake mix on your mums pancake tits

WIBBLE

exiges said...

John said...

It was the only reason I didn't upgrade.

This x3 +1 for the wife's phone.

--

Strong Broo Racing

JL said...

Can't find it :(

After downloading Google Maps, JL went to street view:

;)

Give me a fixed back and the KTM and I would rip the sh1t out of that! (Not the camels ;) )

Updated December 13, 2012 at 10:58 AM

Meh, I've had since forever. On my 4S... ;)

I might be tempted to upgrade to a 5 now when my contract comes up in March. But of course the 5S will be out sooner than later and I tend to skip at least two generations to get a bigger improvement for the money.

--

Share your car adventures.
www.auto-journals.com

Real life with cars

Was told about this earlier...downloading later 8)

--

BMW Car Magazine @QuentlyBentin

Previous | 12 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular