Forums > General > FAO Audio Experts

FAO AUDIO EXPERTS
Previous | 12 | Next

Probably should be in Geeks forum, but not everyone frequents it...

My stereo has a Left and Right RCA Aux input, and I wanted to play music from my phone through it. So I bought one of those 3.5mm jack to twin RCA plug leads, but it only plays through one speaker (and the woofer). How can I get it to play through both speakers?

Sorry if I got any terminology wrong, I know fack all about this stuff.

--

+ Non-limited edition of the Exige 240R
- Uninspiring soundtrack

You need to get a step up transducer stereo DAT converter LAN lead. 8)

Push it into your phone a bit harder.

JIC. Possibly buy a lead with a smaller plastic surround on the 3.5mm jack. The Original Iphones had to use them IIRC.

Er

You did buy a stereo jack plug, with *two* black lines on it, not just one?

Not

--

Knackered old hairdresser's sh1tter

Si_ said...

If the sound isn't coming out of one speaker, rather than being mono out of both, then I suspect this is not the problem. Also, how many stereo RCA to 3.5mm leads would be mono?

The lead has two black lines in it, and was definitely pushed in far enough. I remember trying to do something similar with an ipod and bought a lead that went into the proper slot on the ipod and then into both RCA sockets, and in that instance it only played out of the one speaker as well. Maybe the problem is stereo related.:?

--

- Uninspiring soundtrack

Jobbo said...

Si_ said...

If the sound isn't coming out of one speaker, rather than being mono out of both, then I suspect this is not the problem. Also, how many stereo RCA to 3.5mm leads would be mono?

I have no idea. He's clearly DIW.

--

Jobbo said...

Si_ said...

It might be coming out of one mono though. I played a few tracks and they sounded normal. I also moved the balance on the stereo to the other speaker and it just went to silent, while switching it all to the working speaker sounded the same.

--

- Uninspiring soundtrack

Try swapping the jack plugs over and see if it works in the other speaker instead.

--

burn it all and start again.

--

just the tip

I'll try that tonight (not the burning thing, the swapping the plugs).

--

- Uninspiring soundtrack

what phone is it?

SGS2

--

- Uninspiring soundtrack

Should have bought an iPhone.

etc :lol:

Si_ said...

Try swapping the jack plugs over and see if it works in the other speaker instead.

Si means swap the RCA leads over. Sounds like either the wire you're using is broken internally (though usually they crackle a bit if so rather than just giving up), your phone isn't working (is it OK with headphones?) or it's not pushed in far enough.

Jobbo said...

Si_ said...

Si means swap the RCA leads over. Sounds like either the wire you're using is broken internally (though usually they crackle a bit if so rather than just giving up), your phone isn't working (is it OK with headphones?) or it's not pushed in far enough.

Or the stereo's broken.

Jobbo said...

Si_ said...

I know, that's what I was going to try (swapping the RCAs over), to see whether it still came out of the left speaker.

The wire is brand new, it's a possibility, but as it did the same thing with the two RCA ipod adapter I doubt that. Phone gives stereo fine with headphones.

--

- Uninspiring soundtrack

_ said...

Or the stereo's broken.

My money is on a dud RCA socket, or some internal menu setting being screwed.

--

But two dud new wires is entirely possible.

--

Si_ said...

But two dud new wires is entirely possible.

Definitely, if they're from the same batch.

Previous | 12 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular