Forums > Moaning forum > VED and Resident's Permit Renewal

VED AND RESIDENT'S PERMIT RENEWAL
Previous | 12 | Next

Bye bye £710.

:(

--

Large format print & graphics

Ouch! Is yours one of the cars which fall into the £400+ VED bracket? Not sure any 335is were registered before 23 March 2006, but there was a CO2 drop for 2008, IIRC, which got it just below 225g/km.

Jobbo said...

Ouch! Is yours one of the cars which fall into the £400+ VED bracket? Not sure any 335is were registered before 23 March 2006, but there was a CO2 drop for 2008, IIRC, which got it just below 225g/km.

Yep, mine's an '07 so falls in the bastard VED band. It also so happens that my local council have ramped up the CO2 banding on residents permits. Having one of those silly electric cars would get rid of that bill entirely.

--

lepetitoeuf said...

Jobbo said...

Yep, mine's an '07 so falls in the bastard VED band. It also so happens that my local council have ramped up the CO2 banding on residents permits. Having one of those silly electric cars would get rid of that bill entirely.

But they don't emit any CO2 when parked :? :(

What happens if your car is too old to be taxed by emissions?

--

cheers,

Harry

Too many old sheds.

lepetitoeuf said...

Bye bye £710.

:(

:shock:

Edit - Move to Southwark. HTH.;)

Updated December 12, 2012 at 11:32 AM

--

+ Non-limited edition of the Exige 240R
- Uninspiring soundtrack

Buy an Ampera.

HTH

Marv

Our parking permit is a blanket charge of £3400 per year. It's only fair as an electric car takes up just as much space as a Bugatti Veyron would.

--

How about not having a sig at all?

Parking = free where I live.

--

DeskJockey
---
Now fueled by heavy oil...

DeskJockey said...

And me now, and I've got a garage for free*.:P

* = Well, I'm sure it is a contributing factor to the cost of my rent.:)

--

- Uninspiring soundtrack

Smug gits.

--

DeskJockey said...

Free where I work too.

It might be grim up north but at least we have room for free parking :D

I can park four cars on my drive, yet I only have one car.. greedy, moi? :P

I'd have loads of parking space if stupid neighbour twunt didn't have about 3 vans, and hadn't created an illegal extra driveway.
He's also an aggro thug, which is nice.

--

Knackered old hairdresser's sh1tter

I'm running out of parking space :cry:

--

cheers,

Harry

Too many old sheds.

£200 odd VED and £20/year permit for central windsor. Cheap motoring for me!

--

Cheers

Rich

Barry said...

I can park four cars on my drive, yet I only have one car.. greedy, moi? :P

I could manage eight on the drive plus another four if I park them on the lawn :)

On the VED front, thanks to it only being emissions-based from 2001, my X5 was cheaper than my wife's 318 !

--

It's not a Golf

I could probably get three more on the front lawns too, now you mention it. Would cause great upset in this neighbourhood though, its all a bit Desperate Housewives. :shock:

VED on the Skoda is £115 p/a, but then it needs to be to entice buyers.

Barry said...

its all a bit Desperate Housewives.

8) Do some damage Baz.

--

- Uninspiring soundtrack

This is more of a UK style version, larger, paler versions of the US show. :lol:

This weeks gossip:

House opposite left - Bloke has moved out, for reasons as yet unknown.

House opposite right - suspicious looking grey Mondeo arrived yesterday, dodgy looking bloke took two binbags of "stuff" from her. Today I've seen a marked and an unmarked Plod turn up to the house, with clipboards. :lol:

The rest of them are competing with outside xmas lighting of various levels of tackiness..

Previous | 12 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular